Community A-4E-C v2.2 (October 2023)

Go to solution Solved by plusnine,

8 hours ago, Gianky said:

Alpenwolf, since that mission is usually on Saturdays, I'm assuming you mean Saturday 18th? Or is it Sunday 19th?

Thanks for the hint. Saturday the 18th. Post edited.

• Thanks 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Hi all

Congrats for this amazing mod, it is a true payware quality aircraft!!

I only have one question, is there any chance that the aircraft is modelled without the hump in the back so you can choose, for example, to fly an argentine A-4C in the Malvinas-Falklands era?

Best regards

Edited by Caldero
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Caldero said:

Hi all

Congrats for this amazing mod, it is a true payware quality aircraft!!

I only have one question, is there any chance that the aircraft is modelled without the hump in the back so you can choose, for example, to fly an argentine A-4C in the Malvinas-Falklands era?

Best regards

Hi Caldero,

I hope they will answer you, because I would also like to fly an A4C on the NAM, but so far I haven't had any answers.

Take care and give my regards to Argentina. ( I am Italian and my grandfather had emigrated there )

The discord channel is monitored more often than here.

That question has been discussed a few times over there & the mods will happily point you in the right direction.

https://discord.gg/sA5XsdEW

• Thanks 1

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

Hello guys,

first of all: THANK YOU! 
This is an amazing mod and it's helping me a lot to get more of my friends to play DCS.
It's especially cool, because there is a lot of declassified manuals and handbooks out there to use, so you can truly learn this as a study-level module.

But initially I came here to throw something out there, for all the campaign and mission builders:

If anyone could PLEASE make an Aggressors-Campaign (or any other BFM type of campaign) for the A-4E that would be an outstanding feature.
This is probably one of the best training aircraft one could get and it's free. Now having a Top-Gun style campaign to go with it (Like the F-5 or F-18 Aggressors Campaigns or the Zone-5 Campaign for the F-14) would be an absolute blast 🙂

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

You have made a very unique and fun aircraft. One of my favorites to fly. But, unless I can join the Cold War Servers with it, I have  "a nice looking dog that cannot hunt".  It's now "Hanger Candy." 

• Like 1

I've been reading some articles about the A4 and I've seen that some pilots did something called "wet start".

It appears that this starter produced a large flare in the engine exhaust. Does anyone know what it was or if it can be played on our A4?

Asus Rog Strix Z390F, i9-9900K, 64GB Crucial DDR4/3300, RTX3080, NVMe M.2 980 Pro 1T x2, SSD Evo 860 1T x2, Seagate Barracuda 1T, Seagate Barracuda 6T, HP X32C, HP Reverb G1

1 hour ago, Joe1978 said:

I've been reading some articles about the A4 and I've seen that some pilots did something called "wet start".

It appears that this starter produced a large flare in the engine exhaust. Does anyone know what it was or if it can be played on our A4?

I assume you mean this….

https://pilotswhoaskwhy.com/2022/04/03/the-most-common-turbine-engine-starting-failures/

If so it’s something you want to avoid. Not sure if it would add much ‘realism’ the game or what it would achieve.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

Yes, but in the case of A4 it seems that it was a "deliberate" way of starting by adding fuel before ignition. 

Asus Rog Strix Z390F, i9-9900K, 64GB Crucial DDR4/3300, RTX3080, NVMe M.2 980 Pro 1T x2, SSD Evo 860 1T x2, Seagate Barracuda 1T, Seagate Barracuda 6T, HP X32C, HP Reverb G1

It sounds like something the pilots would do to ‘show off’, I doubt it was SOP’s.

It would be impressive especially at night, but not something I’d want to be caught doing by the boss.

Our guys used to do a ‘dump & burn’ in the F-111, lighting up the dumped gas in a big long flame.
I remember the Americans saying ‘you Aussies are f…king nuts’.

• Like 2

image.jpeg

• Like 2

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, Helles Belle said:

It sounds like something the pilots would do to ‘show off’, I doubt it was SOP’s.

Indeed; as a curiosity, some time ago some people tried to blame the USS Forrestal fire on John McCain, saying that he was doing a wet start of his A-4:

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2017/aug/07/blog-posting/posts-blame-john-mccain-deadly-1967-fire-aboard-us/

The claim is, of course, totally false, the incident was caused by a Zuni rocket accidentaly fired from a parked F-4; Mooch recently posted a video about it:

• Like 3

On 7/9/2022 at 3:57 PM, Skunk Cabbage said:

You have made a very unique and fun aircraft. One of my favorites to fly. But, unless I can join the Cold War Servers with it, I have  "a nice looking dog that cannot hunt".  It's now "Hanger Candy." 

Hey @Skunk Cabbage, The Early Cold War servers have a dedicated A-4E Vietnam War themed server with various missions set in historical moments of the conflict; here's the link to the forum thread, you can find the link to their Discord in there

Not very populated, at least in EU early evening hours (say around 19-21 GMT), usually 3-4 players, but it's a PVE with AI friendly aircrafts, so you can play even by yourself, if you can't find anyone.

As you can see above, another server that host a mission with the A-4E is Alpenwolf Cold War 1947-1991 server; here's the link to the releavant forum thread:

And here's a link to the Arab - Israeli war mission that Alpenwolf runs:

I don't know of any other multiplayer content using the A-4E, if anyone knows any other server/mission using the mod, I'd appreciate it if you guys could point us to it.

As for single player, there's a mini (seven missions) Vietnam campaign in the User Files section of the website:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3317148/

It's short, you have to pretend a lot (it's set in Caucasus, and there's basically no era correct assets around), but it's fun and does what it can to immerse you in the mood (there's even a "soundtrack" with '60s/'70s songs).

Beside it, there are Sidekick's mission, they're single ones, but well done and engaging (IMHO, of course)

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-sidekick65/apply/

You can see some of them - don't remember if it's all of them - on his YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/IainChristie/featured

There are other single missions of the User File section, but I haven't tried them.

That's all I got; again, if someone has other suggestions, please post them!

Edited by Gianky
Corrected punctuation and wording
  • Like 2

hace 11 horas, Gianky dijo:

Indeed; as a curiosity, some time ago some people tried to blame the USS Forrestal fire on John McCain, saying that he was doing a wet start of his A-4:

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2017/aug/07/blog-posting/posts-blame-john-mccain-deadly-1967-fire-aboard-us/

The claim is, of course, totally false, the incident was caused by a Zuni rocket accidentaly fired from a parked F-4; Mooch recently posted a video about it:

Correct, I saw Mooch's video and from his comment it seemed to me that it was something "usual" in A4 crews, perhaps it was an alternative procedure in case of misfire for example or maybe it's a "mischief" as Helles Belles comments, more related to a testosterone attack. 🙂 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skunk Cabbage said:

Which older Build is best?   I want the best older build that does not have the latest nose wheel steering.  I love this aircraft. I want to fly it. I want to use it all the time. But I am tired of dealing with the taxi issue.  I was hoping for a ingame option to use it or not.  I guess it's not coming.   Which older build should I use?   

I thought it was hanger candy?

On 7/9/2022 at 2:57 PM, Skunk Cabbage said:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Skunk Cabbage said:

I love this aircraft and Mod. But, I am very frustrated with two aspects of it. After 3 months of practicing, I still can't taxi it. Also, the limited Cold War Servers available to it.  I don't want to give this aircraft up. I am looking for solutions. That's why I am asking about a older build .   I am also looking at using it as a single player in Liberation 5.0.  I want solutions. Not snide remarks. 

I think having spent hundreds of hours making something for free I think a little humour is not amiss. 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, JNelson said:

I think having spent hundreds of hours making something for free I think a little humour is not amiss. 

😇 I enjoyed your bit of humour …. And for what’s worth, I can taxi it just fine with the help of the controls overlay 👍

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I also can taxi perfectly by using the left and right braking function of my Saitek/Logitech Rudder Pedals, even on the carrier deck. It's less precisely as the nosewheel steering of modern jets, but hey, it's an old little bird, and with some training and patience it is manageable. This mod is just great work. 

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, AMD Ryzen 3800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX 6800 XT, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 250 GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 1 TB (DCS World), Gigabyte G27QC Gaming Monitor, DelanClip Gamer, WINWING F-16EX Metal Flightstick with Orion2 Joystick Base, WINWING F-15EX II Metal Throttle with Orion2 Throttle Base, WINWING PTO 2 Take Off Panel, VIRPIL Controls Ace Flight Pedals, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, Windows 10 Pro

Didn't take long to get used to the taxiing.

Also, I would love to use the A-4 in the main Cold War servers. Would actually feel a tad safer in it than flying the lumbering A-10 as hard as that is to believe.

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3