Community A-4E-C v2.2 (October 2023)

Go to solution Solved by plusnine,

I have stayed the hell away from both of those mods. If I ran them I would only use one at a time and make sure my joystick config files only contained the one I am using at the time. After you set them up for one - save them for use but never have both aboard at one time. Sequester them/back them up.  Of these 2 - I thing the 47 is more problem free.  That said others may know a bit more then I do on the current state of these two. I just do remember hearing a while back their could be incompatibility - as you are seeing. Back before it got some serious reworking the CH-53 once configured would cause setting for other aircraft to be altered.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RaptorFighter said:

It is not clear to me that throughout the 21 pages of discussion and bright exultation towards the developer, I cannot find a single mention of the conflict of this mod with the Ch-47 helicopter mod.

Безымянный.jpg

It is a known bug.

If not mentioned here, try the helicopter's thread... or their Discord.

• Like 1

RYZEN 7 2700 3.2 GHz / GAINWARD RTX 2070 / 32 GB RAM 3200 MHz / ASUS PRIME B450M / M.2 NVMe KINGSTON 1TB / SSD SANDISK 480GB / HD 2TB SATA3 / CORSAIR CX650 / AOC AGON AG322FCX MONITOR / THRUSTMASTER T.16000M FCS / CUSTOM HEADTRACK

F-14 Tomcat Side View.png

On 7/28/2022 at 11:55 AM, RaptorFighter said:

It is not clear to me that throughout the 21 pages of discussion and bright exultation towards the developer, I cannot find a single mention of the conflict of this mod with the Ch-47 helicopter mod.

Безымянный.jpg

It's a well documented bug on the github. There are specific configurations of mods which cause memory corruption, the AH-6 demo mod has one such configuration as such all mods that inherit from it without fixing this issue will present the same bug. The CH-47 and CH-53 fall into this category.

• Like 3

Hey guys, i'm making a carrier quals mission for me and my buddies, and i want to include the A-4 as well. Is there a way i can preset the TACAN to match the carrier in the mission editor so people can start in ready jets, either hot in the air or on the deck, and not need worry about setting it up after mission start? 

• Like 1

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

I have a question about which controls are embedded in the flight model. I use the streamdeck plugin by cuttlefish and a DCSexports script to allow me to make buttons on a streamdeck to control switches in the cockpit. I ran into a weird problem with the A4E.

Pushing the streamdeck button changes the position of the switch in the cockpit but the radar does not turn on.

For example

Instant action ->: ground attack bomb truckin mission-> RDR already in standby->take off->RDR PLAN

Detail, Gain,Brillianceall turned clockwise max

RDR to SRCH or A/G

No scan line. Nothing green at all.

If I click the control in the cockpit, the radar works.

An explanation posted here:   

indicated that the radar mode control was embedded in the FM and so required either clicks or keybinds. Is this the case? How does a control being embedded in the flight model prevent it from being activated through an API?

4930K @ 4.5, 32g ram, TitanPascal

13 hours ago, captain_dalan said:

Hey guys, i'm making a carrier quals mission for me and my buddies, and i want to include the A-4 as well. Is there a way i can preset the TACAN to match the carrier in the mission editor so people can start in ready jets, either hot in the air or on the deck, and not need worry about setting it up after mission start? 

Maybe you can use the X:SET COMMAND or SET COMMAND WITH VALUE, to interact with the Tacan controls. For the A-4 they are:

TACAN Mode Switch CCW  :   10086

TACAN Mode Switch CW  :    10085

TACAN Channel tens - Increase  :  10087

TACAN Channel units - Increase   : 10089

I have not interacted with the TACAN, but I do use these triggers to setup the cockpit to my liking, like this:

A-4E Cockpit Initialization.jpg

• Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

On 7/30/2022 at 5:33 PM, Rudel_chw said:

Maybe you can use the X:SET COMMAND or SET COMMAND WITH VALUE, to interact with the Tacan controls. For the A-4 they are:

TACAN Mode Switch CCW  :   10086

TACAN Mode Switch CW  :    10085

TACAN Channel tens - Increase  :  10087

TACAN Channel units - Increase   : 10089

I have not interacted with the TACAN, but I do use these triggers to setup the cockpit to my liking, like this:

A-4E Cockpit Initialization.jpg

Thanks mate, i may try that ! 

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

1 hour ago, UN9249 said:

Hi!

Is there any manual, how to use  CBU-2B/A?

I cant use them at all, cause my aircraft is always hit by my grenades.

check out this video. it looks like he is moving pretty fast. maybe thats it?

• Like 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

19 hours ago, UN9249 said:

Hi!

Is there any manual, how to use  CBU-2B/A?

I cant use them at all, cause my aircraft is always hit by my grenades.

1.  Fly level or slightly climbing.  Any attempt to drop these things while in a dive of any kind will have unfortunate consequences.

2.  Try to be above 400 ft AGL.  Any lower than that might have unexpected results.

3.  Practice.  Practice some more.  Than practice again.  I like using them on SAM sites.  Takes most of it out in one pass.  Zuni is probably more realistic, but man, those clusters taking out a SAM site are fun.

Sidekick has a great video on using them:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Fab8ball said:

so...looks like latest OB updated killed this mod...:-(

I‘m pretty sure if there is an incompatibility with the latest OB they will fix it in no time.

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

33 minutes ago, Fab8ball said:

so...looks like latest OB updated killed this mod...:-(

How so... I just flew around in the latest OB with no problems...

• Like 2

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

First, I LOVE this mod!  I don't know specifically why, but its just fun to fly!  Sadly, I cannot seem to get rearmed at all, the ground crew just doesn't respond so I haven't tried other weapons. However in addition, LABS doesn't work. If i function select to it, I get no indication at all when I choose the bomb release. However if I move it to the next function (Bomb/Guns I think), then LABS lights up, but it doesn't tell me the bombs are released by going off.

Anyone have suggestions?

Would absolutely LOVE to have this officially in DCS! 

EDIT:  all the videos I have seen online indicate to select LABS which I have been doing.

Edited by FlyGuyTN

13 minutes ago, FlyGuyTN said:

However in addition, LADS doesn't work.

If you mean LABS, the simulated A-4E does not have it, instead it has a CP741 bombing computer:

• Like 5

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

2 hours ago, Fab8ball said:

Mod conflict, solved...thanks!

Cool! Thx for the feedback. So the Skyhawk is innocent, but an update breaking a mod is not far fetched.

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Hey @grimm862, check this post of mine, you'll find references to both multiplayer and single player content for the A-4E.

On 7/13/2022 at 1:01 PM, Gianky said:

Hey @Skunk Cabbage, The Early Cold War servers have a dedicated A-4E Vietnam War themed server with various missions set in historical moments of the conflict; here's the link to the forum thread, you can find the link to their Discord in there

Not very populated, at least in EU early evening hours (say around 19-21 GMT), usually 3-4 players, but it's a PVE with AI friendly aircrafts, so you can play even by yourself, if you can't find anyone.

As you can see above, another server that host a mission with the A-4E is Alpenwolf Cold War 1947-1991 server; here's the link to the releavant forum thread:

And here's a link to the Arab - Israeli war mission that Alpenwolf runs:

I don't know of any other multiplayer content using the A-4E, if anyone knows any other server/mission using the mod, I'd appreciate it if you guys could point us to it.

As for single player, there's a mini (seven missions) Vietnam campaign in the User Files section of the website:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3317148/

It's short, you have to pretend a lot (it's set in Caucasus, and there's basically no era correct assets around), but it's fun and does what it can to immerse you in the mood (there's even a "soundtrack" with '60s/'70s songs).

Beside it, there are Sidekick's mission, they're single ones, but well done and engaging (IMHO, of course)

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-sidekick65/apply/

You can see some of them - don't remember if it's all of them - on his YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/IainChristie/featured

There are other single missions of the User File section, but I haven't tried them.

That's all I got; again, if someone has other suggestions, please post them!

• Like 1

I searched this topic and did a general Google search and haven't found an answer regarding this problem. Have always had issues with mods in the past as some don't pass integrity and others require everyone to have them in order to just be able to see them. So I'll post my question here. We have 3 dedicated servers, two for group missions and one for training. I would probably test this on our SUPT server first before handing it off for submission. We have to carefully analyze any changes we want to suggest and they have to be tested thoroughly before being submitted.

1. This mod obviously requires that you have it installed on the dedicated server, and in the mission file you're running, any other files or changes required?

2. Does this mod require that every client that connects to the server have it installed as well?

3. What will happen if they don't have the mod installed in their client files?

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]