Community A-4E-C v2.2 (October 2023)

Go to solution Solved by plusnine,

4 hours ago, EA-18G_BlockII said:

it seems the mod is conflicting with the Ch-53 and Ch-47 mods? didnt get this error before

ERROR.jpg

As documented in the readme file.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Quick question: Is ADF navigation implemented in this module?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hello guys !

I'm new on this forum.

I have discovered the A-4E-C Skyhawk which is a very good Mod to fly. I fly frequently the AV8BNA and helicopters MI8 and Gazelle.

So. I use Touch Portal to create specific interfaces for the Mods I fly. The best one I've ceated is for the AV8BNA, using DCS-Coins and DCS-Bios.

With the AV8BNA, Touch Portal and DCS are working very properly. I can control many systems and I have the return back about the position or the situation of these systems.

With the A-4E-C Skyhawk, it doesn't work at all ! I have a module DCS-COINS for this aircraft and I have on Touch Portal all the controls usable for the A4EC. But these controls don't work !

DCS is in version 2.8, the A4EC Mod is the 2.1 version and DCS BIOS and DCS-Coins are installed in there latest version.

Is there anybody to explain me my mistake ?

Thank's for help !

20 hours ago, buur said:

No, only TACAN

I was afraid so, thanks for confirmation! 👍

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hello Pilots !

In the excellent kneeboard manual, there is many references writed in blue after all items (exemple : 6-5, 5).

I've tried to find these references without any positive results.

So, I've not understood.

Is there anybody to explain what are these references ?

Thank's for help !

vor 3 Stunden schrieb SuperTonique:

Hello Pilots !

In the excellent kneeboard manual, there is many references writed in blue after all items (exemple : 6-5, 5).

I've tried to find these references without any positive results.

So, I've not understood.

Is there anybody to explain what are these references ?

Thank's for help !

It is quiet simple, 6-5 is the page and 5 is the topic. In your case: 5. THROTTLE & THROTTLE POSITION LOCK

• 2 weeks later...

I have the crosswind rudder and toe brake system with each toe brake and rudder having a separate axis.  In the game controls, I have set the rudder and each toe brake to their separate axis.  I tried taxing around an airport both with the special braking/rudder system located in the special menu checked and unchecked.  Perhaps I am wrong, but I found really no difference in taxing whether or not the special braking/rudder system was checked or unchecked.  Is that correct because of my system?  I still have trouble completely understanding how the special choice works with my system.

Edited by sobe

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2022 at 2:35 AM, Reccelow said:

I'm struggling to get a working KA-3B AI tanker going, learning from scratch......and I do mean from the bottom like learning how to even install AutoDesk....

I started with the 2004 Alpahsim model (it's freeware now, the newer FSX/P3D is still payware...)

Learned how to convert to 3DS, and got it working in P3Dv5 as a working AI Tanker for the TacPack module with ModelconverterX.  No animations, that's way above me at this point...

Now to get it into DCS and hopefully use it simply like a modded shape for the S3B AI Tanker for A4 missions.....

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Hey, was catching up on some of the forum posts and this one got my attention. Is there any new information about the KA-3 tanker?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SuperTonique said:

where is the parkink brake selector or lever or push button

The skyhawk does not have a parking brake, instead ask the ground crew to place wheel chocks

• Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

On 5/2/2023 at 7:05 AM, plusnine said:

Howdy, y'all, there's a quick bugfix release out download:

Version 2.1.1 - 27 Apr 2023

Fixed:

• Sounder interfering with ground units sounds.
  • Nav Systems breaking in some missions
  • Debug line being printed to the screen during sidewinder launch.

You can download the upgrade from: https://github.com/heclak/community-a4e-c/releases/tag/v2.1.1

There is no nose wheel steering in the controls any longer, and the left right breaks are reversed when I installed this new update, a lot of control binding disappeared for me; when I go into a MP server. 

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

5 minutes ago, buur said:

@71st_Mastiff nose wheel steering is out since a long time, maybe a year.
And the lost of control binding is unfortunately we have to aspect on every update. Best is to take it with a lot of humor 🙂

well I don't understand why the front nose wheel has breaks on; or the wheel chocks AI is broken? I removed them, and throttle forward and no movement, full throttle and flipped the plane over because the dam front nose gear won't move. 

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

On 5/27/2023 at 2:53 AM, Rudel_chw said:

The skyhawk does not have a parking brake, instead ask the ground crew to place wheel chocks

Ed Heinemann removed from the A-4 design anything not deemed absolutely necessary. This is how they managed to make it so small and cheap. No parking break, no nose steering, no self ground power, and no cup holder.

I am surprised they went with two rudder pedals - they could have strapped the pilot’s leg to just the one and he’d push/pull on it.

• Like 1

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!