DCS Simple Spawn Menu - Create an F10 spawn, despawn and respawn menu without coding!

Hi guys!

Do you want to dynamically spawn, respawn and despawn groups in your DCS mission? Do you want to have sub folders in the F10 menu? Did they tell you you'll need to learn LUA coding and the DCS scripting environment to do it? Well, I learned LUA so you don't have to.

This script will create submenu's in the F10 menu based on the names of groups. It will create a sub menu for every group that has within a spawn and despawn button, these do exactly that. For now it's possible to go 1 submenu deep and also to add multiple groups to 1 spawn/despawn button.

An example:

If I have the following groups:

• !! Red 1
  • !?Wave 1?! Red 2
  • !?Wave 1?! Red 3
  • !?Wave 2?*BULK 1*! Red 4
  • !?Wave 2?*BULK 1*! Red 5

The following F10 menu will be created (not accounting for the random order it will be in):

• Red 1
    • Spawn
    • Despawn
  • Wave 1
    • Red 2
      • Spawn
      • Despawn
    • Red 3
      • Spawn
      • Despawn
  • Wave 2
    • BULK 1
      • Spawn
      • Despawn

As you can see Red 4 and 5 are not shown as they are a part of BULK 1 and both will be spawned or despawned by the buttons.

To learn more check it out on GitHub: https://github.com/Markoudstaal/DCS-Simple-Spawn-Menu

Need help? Join this Discord: https://discord.gg/8VbKnKvN5r

Edited by Popper
Added Discord Server
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Popper changed the title to DCS Simple Spawn Menu - Create an F10 spawn, despawn and respawn menu without coding!
On 1/7/2022 at 11:06 AM, Maverick263 said:

is there a video tutorial for beginners ??????😭

or more detailed or example mission ????😭

Check out the Github page, it has all the documentation. I'll try to create a video tutorial soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably sure I miss some steps, because it doesn't work for me.
I did exactly what the guide suggested.
I put a group on the map, named it exactly as suggested. I entered mist and dssm.lua, as indicated.
I start the sim and nothing appears, there is no menu.
Someone who has succeeded could post me a small sample mission.

50 minutes ago, Facocero said:

Probably sure I miss some steps, because it doesn't work for me.
I did exactly what the guide suggested.
I put a group on the map, named it exactly as suggested. I entered mist and dssm.lua, as indicated.
I start the sim and nothing appears, there is no menu.
Someone who has succeeded could post me a small sample mission.

Attatched you will find the mission the guide text is based on.

dssm test.miz

On 1/22/2022 at 6:34 PM, Facocero said:

Unfortunately it doesn't work.
I uploaded the mission and only changed the dofile with my path but it doesn't work.

primoscreen.jpg

screen2.jpg

screen3.jpg

screen4.jpg

I suggest you delete the second line and use the third line (DO SCRIPT FILE). The path you are using in the second line (DO SCRIPT) seems to be invalid.

Hi

Thank you for the script, nice work

Is there any way with the actual script to limit access to the submenu based on coalition? actually submenus are visible by both side

as work around i just modified all "missionCommands.addSubMenu"  with "missionCommands.addSubMenuForCoalition" so i load 2 script (1 for blue 1 for red coalition)

But i was wondering if option is already there and if i am doing something wrong

Awesome script!
I struggled with a simple respawn for years without success after a first round of respawn but your script simply works!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Awesome!!!

Thanks for the script for singleplayers, I spent lots of time for figuring out how to use lua to resawn groups but still failled

now I can BRRRZZZZZZ all day long...

you make this game more fun for me!

AMD 5800X | RTX 3080TI OC Edition | 64GB DDR4 3600 | 2TB nvme

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | WINWING F16 HOTAS ORION | Saitek Combat Pedals

A-10C II | A/V-8B NA | UH-1H | AH-64D Longbow | F/A-18C | F-16C

Caucasus | Persian Gulf | Syria | Nevada | Combined Arms

On 1/31/2022 at 1:47 PM, titi69 said:

Hi

Thank you for the script, nice work

Is there any way with the actual script to limit access to the submenu based on coalition? actually submenus are visible by both side

as work around i just modified all "missionCommands.addSubMenu"  with "missionCommands.addSubMenuForCoalition" so i load 2 script (1 for blue 1 for red coalition)

But i was wondering if option is already there and if i am doing something wrong

Sorry for the late response. Not possible at this time but I'll add it to the list of features. 

• 7 months later...