Mir. F1 Bomb Load?

RG2021

The first thing I do when I buy a module in DCS is pack as many bombs as I can and proceed to go carpet bomb something. Bomb trucking is my thing.

So, me, heavily anticipating the release of the Mirage F1, am wondering, “how many bombs can I slap on the F1?”.

I know that the South African Mirage F1AZ could carry up to 14 Mk82s; 4 under the fuselage, 4 on both inboard wing pylons, and 1 on each outboard wing pylon.

However, in the trailer and preview, I couldn’t see a clip with the 4x bomb rack being equipped on the wings! Is the 4x wing rack exclusive to the F1AZ? I hope not!

image.jpeg

Edited by RG2021

• RG2021 changed the title to Mir. F1 Bomb Load?
  • 2 months later...

It does not have high thrust to weight.  It has a high mounted conventional wing that offers better take off and landing performance and load ability over a pure delta.  At the very best we get 15k out of the turbojet- not bad for the time.  However the weapon load is unrelated to your engine thrust and determined by the airframe design.  The wings need only support weapons and the dual wheel design at all 3 landing gear disperses weight well.

• Like 1

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

https://www.csg-1.com/

DCS F-14 Pilot/RIO Discord:

https://discord.gg/6bbthxk

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2022 at 1:59 AM, addman said:

14 bombs? That's a lot for a single-engine fighter, cool.

Don't fly Mirages much?  The 2000C carries 8-9 bombs pretty easily.  Desault loves putting bombs on Mirages.

47 minutes ago, addman said:

Lol! They literally just stuck as many bombs that could fit on that airframe.

It’s difficult to see, but there are 2 hand granades in the cockpit under the seat that the pilot can toss out.

• Like 6

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

20 hours ago, Bremspropeller said:

Yes, that's bombs on an external tank.

The French strike back! I would love a Mirage III and Mirage 5 combo. If a dev team developed both simultaneously we could squeeze so many historical conflicts out of them. The Mirage 5’s bomb load is just absurd…

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RG2021 said:

The French strike back! I would love a Mirage III and Mirage 5 combo. If a dev team developed both simultaneously we could squeeze so many historical conflicts out of them. The Mirage 5’s bomb load is just absurd…

The 5 also has about a ton more internal fuel than the IIIC. It's actually about 900 liters, which is roughly 1500lbs give or take.

BTW: Have you seen the tank/ rocket combos they came up with? 🤪🤟

I love me them Mirages...

Edited by Bremspropeller
  • Like 2

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!