Damage model KA-50, Mariana Islands

orl_cz

Damage model, Mariana Islands
Hi, I've been getting an interesting bug on the Mariana Islands map from time to time. If I'm flying in a KA-50 and the air defense shoots off the nose and cockpit, I can still control the heli when looking from the cockpit and the cockpit is visible, when looking from the outside it is shot off.The shot is not by anti-aircraft missiles but by conventional main guns. see attached pictures
I haven't observed this bug on any other map, even when I've been targeted to be shot down, the pilot is always dead after the cockpit is shot.

DCS Version: 2.7.9.18.080

Screen_220103_231411.png

Screen_220103_231413.png

DxDiag.txt

• Like 1

my PC: intel core i5-10600K, Radeon RX580 8GB, DDR4 32GB 3200MHz, 250GB SSD Sata-III for DCS

My starting sim site

Now we know what an hypothetical Kamov drone would look like... 🧐*

In a more serious note, the next time it happens to you, please click "Save Track" when exiting the mission, then attach your .trk file here. This helps devs understand how bugs work.

*seems Kamov has done a drone already, and oh boy, I'm disappointed by its look.

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

I've had this happen too, on Caucasus. Your pilot is definitely still alive and F1-able, but can't recall if I could control the aircraft. Then again, it would be missing a massive chunk of avionics etc. Was a multiplayer session and a Mig got me. Not sure I'd find the trackfile now, but it's not just Marianas or AAA.

For Black Shark tutorials, visit my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-LgdvOGP3SSNUGVN95b8Bw

So for me it happened only under these conditions but only exceptionally, so in one out of 20 kills. What amused me most was just the fact that the avionics worked, they even went to launch unguided rockets. I tried a similar situation today and so far it hasn't happened again, when it happens again I'll post the footage

my PC: intel core i5-10600K, Radeon RX580 8GB, DDR4 32GB 3200MHz, 250GB SSD Sata-III for DCS

My starting sim site

14 hours ago, orl_cz said:

when it happens again I'll post the footage

For such rare events, footage don't help devs. Devs need to replicate issues in order to fix them. A track is all they need.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

18 hours ago, Flappie said:

For such rare events, footage don't help devs. Devs need to replicate issues in order to fix them. A track is all they need.

I spelled it wrong, of course I'll send the trackfile

• Thanks 1

My starting sim site

• 2 weeks later...