F-16 stall

Vinny002

TO/LDG CONFIG is a warning item and gets a "warning, warning" (higher priority than LSWT). It's not the same as the low speed warning tone (LSWT) which happens based on IAS & pitch parameters. TO/LDG CONFIG warning is based on >10kft, <190KCAS, VS <-250fpm with any landing item not set for landing TEFs not down, LG not locked down. The idea is to warn you before attempting a landing that something is not OK to land or takeoff. It will not alert simply based on low speed, stall or similar.

To spin is to depart controlled flight which the FLCS is doing everything it can do to prevent. Authority in all axes goes away as you approach those limits. The limiters do their job very well in a single axis. To have a departure it usually requires approaching limits in two or more axes simultaneously as vigorously as possible. There are other factors like CG position, asymmetry of stores which make it more likely.

I managed a spin in an upright deep stall. Here's a track. For extra credit take over once the deep stall fully develops and try to recover.

F16 Deep Stall Spin.trk

• Like 1

The early "small tail" analog FLCS jets are a lot more departure prone from what I understand from my bro.

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2022 at 3:31 AM, Frederf said:

TO/LDG CONFIG is a warning item and gets a "warning, warning" (higher priority than LSWT). It's not the same as the low speed warning tone (LSWT) which happens based on IAS & pitch parameters. TO/LDG CONFIG warning is based on >10kft, <190KCAS, VS <-250fpm with any landing item not set for landing TEFs not down, LG not locked down. The idea is to warn you before attempting a landing that something is not OK to land or takeoff. It will not alert simply based on low speed, stall or similar.

It will not produce a "warning warning" but the socalled LG Warning Horn which is an intermittend volume tone.

On 1/4/2022 at 12:24 AM, Vinny002 said:

Hi guys! I think there should be a bitchin' Betty calling out warning and 2 aural sounds when the F-16 stalls! Thanks!

Cheers,

Vincent 

At the Christmas party, the F-16 engineers were tricked by the F-15 and F-18 engineers. All they were left with, was the tone from the coffeemaker at the time.   

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

19 hours ago, Frederf said:

"WARNING-WARNING, WARNING-WARNING" VMS is automatically activated 1.5 seconds after illumination of any warning light on the glareshield which would include the TO/LDG CONFIG warning light.

You are right but the LDG Warning horn will come on as well. The only time only the warning-warning will sound is when the TEF are not fully down.

Ah I missed that third item. LWST, warning generic message, and the LG warning horn. Let's see conditions:

• LGWH 190 kts PA10 VV 250
  • TO/LDG CONFIG same plus TEF
  • LWST AOA 15 in landing or speed/pitch according to graph flight

I assume the LGWH plays overlapped with any warning-warning being 1.5s delayed. I guess you could get config warning but not horn if flaps were weird. I was confusing LGWH with LWST.