A2A refueling practice, trying for Cinematic look

Magic_Jim

Hello all. Never posted here before, but love DCS and like making videos of it, so I wanted to share a video I just made of some A2A refueling practice a couple of us did yesterday. Please offer any feedback you'd like, and if you like the video, please subscribe. Thanks!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Magic_Jim said:

Hello all. Never posted here before, but love DCS and like making videos of it, so I wanted to share a video I just made of some A2A refueling practice a couple of us did yesterday. Please offer any feedback you'd like, and if you like the video, please subscribe. Thanks!

Hi @Magic_Jim and welcome to the forum!

As for a bit of feedback:

Personally, these are a few things that I like most in DCS cinematic videos: 

• "GoPro" like camera views (as if a small camera was fixed to the aircraft)
  • "GoPro" shots from inside the cockpit (I suppose that the use of TrackIr would make such shots really easy)
  • Flyby (F3 and F2) shots as if they were filmed from the ground, or from another aircraft.

Furthermore, make sure to check out video's from these guys:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD93a4mRzhoNEbf2aVzzQkw (@skouras)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPEfZYRQr_atubzOm0j0A4g/videos (Not sure if this guy is active on the forum)

They're next level imo and might give you ideas.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH