Engine Problems at low RPM?

mytai01

Is anyone else having problems with the engines when going from idle to a higher throttle setting where the engines surge suddenly to a higher RPM?

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

What is the mission temperature in your weather settings?

iirc there's some sort of weirdness in the F-15s engine FADEC or so in-game that when you have negative ambient temperatures, your RPM goes way below 67% RPM. 
After which when you advance the throttles, the RPM will skip back to 67%... or at least that's what i've been experiencing all these years.

with that, i feel like i'm more prone to firm touchdowns during winter seasons in the map.

Edited by pauldy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here's a short video of my experience with the aircraft. Is there something wrong with the modeling here? The engines suddenly jump from 61 percent when the throttles are pushed up, and then jump down from 67 percent when the throttles are pulled back. The engines have this power jump effect when the Outside Air Temperature (OAT) is 0 degrees or less in the mission. Is this a real world effect, or a modeling oversight? OAT in this video is: -10C.

Edited by mytai01

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

I agree: it's probably a bug. It looks like a magical warp zone. With weight on wheels near sea level, the issue is not seen above +14°C because RPM idle level is a little more than 67% at these temperatures.

Reported. 👍

• Thanks 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.