Some good news for HP REVERB G2 owners.

Ziggy

Hi guys and gals,

First the bad news! My G2 died just before Christmas and after searching the net and trying almost everything, thinking it was a USB issue I realised that the power cable died rather than the headset. Still very annoying on the eve of some planned holiday flying. I found the MRTV vid that talked about the rev2 power cable and after some hassle trying to speak to another human, I was told that a new cable would dispatched within three to five working days... This was on the 28th.

I received my new (free) rev2 cable with larger breakout box today (4th Jan!) Plugged it in and hey presto! My G2 is working as good as new!

I have to give HP a big thumbs up for their great after sale (out of warranty) service.

So the I just wanted to let people know that if they have power cable issues, HP will send a replacement cable free of charge. I did spend more time on the phone than I would’ve liked but in the end the outcome was worth a bit of time.

Cheers

• Like 7

System specs; i7 9700k 32GB RAM 2x1TB SSD Drives (1 DCS Dedicated) MSI Z390 MB. MSI GeForce RTX 3070. 4KTV monitor. Reverb G2 VR.Stock TM HOTAS. (Tm WartHog) Throttle. VBK MCG.

On 1/4/2022 at 1:48 AM, Ziggy said:

Hi guys and gals,

First the bad news! My G2 died just before Christmas and after searching the net and trying almost everything, thinking it was a USB issue I realised that the power cable died rather than the headset. Still very annoying on the eve of some planned holiday flying. I found the MRTV vid that talked about the rev2 power cable and after some hassle trying to speak to another human, I was told that a new cable would dispatched within three to five working days... This was on the 28th.

I received my new (free) rev2 cable with larger breakout box today (4th Jan!) Plugged it in and hey presto! My G2 is working as good as new!

I have to give HP a big thumbs up for their great after sale (out of warranty) service.

So the I just wanted to let people know that if they have power cable issues, HP will send a replacement cable free of charge. I did spend more time on the phone than I would’ve liked but in the end the outcome was worth a bit of time.

Cheers

Good to hear!  I asked for and got a replacement about 3 months ago when supplies were back ordered and it took about 2 weeks, but the support guy on the phone had me squared away in less than 15 minutes, which must be some kind of record for a customer support call.

In the UK, probably the same global....

If your headset is in warranty and you're having headset connection issues then phone them up and once they have confirmed your warranty hasn't expired via serial number and purchase invoice they should send an updated cable out.  If your headset is working correctly then they will prefer to issue the replacement cables to those that are experiencing issues.

I just phoned the HP support number on the website, took a guess at which department to go to and then once I told them it was an issue with a VR headset they put me through to the relevant department.

When I updated my gpu the headset started throwing up 7-14 errors, new cable didn't fix it so they replaced the headset as well. HP support was superb once I had jumped through all the testing hoops 🙂

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

1 hour ago, DishDoggie said:

How hard is it to find this Phone Number? I have a G2 it's the old type Cable.

I had the original cable with my G2 which was not giving me issues, but I went ahead and ordered the new cable just to have it. I use it now with my G2.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hey Guys,

Sorry. been away from PC for a while.

HP Support Australia goes through WhatsApp +6142436690. Hope this helps those who require it.

System specs; i7 9700k 32GB RAM 2x1TB SSD Drives (1 DCS Dedicated) MSI Z390 MB. MSI GeForce RTX 3070. 4KTV monitor. Reverb G2 VR.Stock TM HOTAS. (Tm WartHog) Throttle. VBK MCG.

Am on my 3th or 4th G2 cable and 2nd headset. Bad quality production, good service. I don't think HP is earning anything on the G2 with all the replacements.

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

I a not sure why it was so hard for most to get HP on the phone to get a new cable. I called today and got someone on right away it was amazing. Guy was super cool and got a new cable out to me. I have random issues and get 7-14 error here and there.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.