Mjolnir Response - Mission 3 - Radio Help for Talking to Flight

fearlessfrog

I'm enjoying this campaign and the Viggen very much. I'm having trouble contacting my flight to attack their target on Mission 3 (the RB4 ships one). Here's what I've tried:

- Checked Easy Comms is off.

- Can successfully talk to ATC via the A/G button depress, and can taxi out, get good radio comms (F22 PTT etc).

- Successfully manually tune the radio using the '-' button and the dials, in that I can talk to other ATCs fine.

- I press '1' on the top row for 'Special 1' as that was mentioned in the briefing as my flight frequency. 

I never get a response from my flight, so wondering what I'm doing wrong? I opened the mission in the editor and it seems that the preset for Special 1 is different to the flights '124 AM' frequency defined for the flight. I tried both manually (using the '-' button) but no luck.

What else to try? Can anyone else talk to their flight in this mission?

Edited by fearlessfrog

4 hours ago, fearlessfrog said:

I'm enjoying this campaign and the Viggen very much. I'm having trouble contacting my flight to attack their target on Mission 3 (the RB4 ships one). Here's what I've tried:

- Checked Easy Comms is off.

- Can successfully talk to ATC via the A/G button depress, and can taxi out, get good radio comms (F22 PTT etc).

- Successfully manually tune the radio using the '-' button and the dials, in that I can talk to other ATCs fine.

- I press '1' on the top row for 'Special 1' as that was mentioned in the briefing as my flight frequency. 

I never get a response from my flight, so wondering what I'm doing wrong? I opened the mission in the editor and it seems that the preset for Special 1 is different to the flights '124 AM' frequency defined for the flight. I tried both manually (using the '-' button) but no luck.

What else to try? Can anyone else talk to their flight in this mission?

Due to the recent radio preset changes, you might need to try group 10 button 0 (left rotary+window and bottom numbered buttons)

• Like 2

I have deleted the original content of this post because it solved the wrong problem.  The issue seems to be as you said, the flight is assigned to frequency 124.000 even though the briefing says 305.  I have submitted a bug report to update the campaign radio channel assignments.

Edited by Machalot
  • Like 1

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

I recently got the Viggen and I'm running into the same issue. I've read over Chuck's guide multiple times, watched multiple videos, so I'm pretty sure I'm doing it correctly.  I've gone through the Mjolnir Response and couldn't get anyone but ATC to talk to me in any mission and just started Thor's Hammer and first mission same issue, the wingman won't respond... That being said, I was  trying every channel and telling him to "rejoin" and this last time just as I was landing he suddenly started repeating rejoin over and over again and if I hit special button 2 he cut off, hit 1 again, I could hear him. I could hear allied  flies in that mission.  This seems very similar to this thread from 2018 but maybe I don't know enough to realize it's an unrelated problem. 

In DCS the old gods are dead and we pray to the new gods RNG and Fate. It's time to toss the dice.

• 3 weeks later...

It seems like this is still a problem. Disclaimer: I haven't had time to do much testing.

I had not played much for a few weeks (since the most recent patch, aside from screwing around with the mission editor). I played a single mission this weekend where previously AI comms had worked and now I can't get a response. Same with instant action missions. Checked the preset channels and frequencies. Then I copied the .miz file and went into it with the mission editor, and made sure the frequencies were the same for the flight by changing them. Still nothing.  I will try uninstalling any mods and see if that helps. 

I always assume its user error, and I'm new-ish to the Viggen, but there seems to be a pattern on the thread. Thanks in advance for any help. 

Edited by Bigfish224

3 hours ago, Bigfish224 said:

It seems like this is still a problem. Disclaimer: I haven't had time to do much testing.

I had not played much for a few weeks (since the most recent patch, aside from screwing around with the mission editor). I played a single mission this weekend where previously AI comms had worked and now I can't get a response. Same with instant action missions. Checked the preset channels and frequencies. Then I copied the .miz file and went into it with the mission editor, and made sure the frequencies were the same for the flight by changing them. Still nothing.  I will try uninstalling any mods and see if that helps. 

I always assume its user error, and I'm new-ish to the Viggen, but there seems to be a pattern on the thread. Thanks in advance for any help. 

Track file please!

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

Seems to be totally bricked for me, even after removing mods, I can't even get ATC (definitely on the right channel), other flights, AWACS, etc. My wingman just follows me around, at least he's loyal, that's a hard quality to find these days...

I will try a reinstall of the module and report back with a track if it continues. Comms is ok in my other modules. Curious if anyone else is still having this problem.

6 hours ago, Bigfish224 said:

Seems to be totally bricked for me, even after removing mods, I can't even get ATC (definitely on the right channel), other flights, AWACS, etc. My wingman just follows me around, at least he's loyal, that's a hard quality to find these days...

I will try a reinstall of the module and report back with a track if it continues. Comms is ok in my other modules. Curious if anyone else is still having this problem.

Try using the TRÅD button to communicate. I have a feeling it will work. The radios have gone a bit wrong ever since the radios were switched around.

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

17 hours ago, MYSE1234 said:

Try using the TRÅD button to communicate. I have a feeling it will work. The radios have gone a bit wrong ever since the radios were switched around.

Fy fan! Tack så mycket!

That worked, the whole comms system seems to cooperate after pressing Tråd. Of course I never considered hitting the friggin' ground wire button for in air comms. Maybe they have a super long wire...

Hopefully this helps someone later on. Tack till dig igen kompis. 

• Like 2