Suicide Mission For Navigators.

Tinkickef

Single player.  VR.  When bailing out, I as the pilot will dive out the bottom hatch and when chute opens I watch for the nav to get out.  Nothing.  I thought he might have got out first, so have a look behind and upwards.  Nothing.

On the ground I have a look around for another chute coming down.  Nada.

The Navs are getting very sniffy about flying with me now.  I found a note pinned to my footlocker the other day.  It said "Navs are not just for Christmas".

• Like 1

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

You are not the first nav murderer    :doh:

Nealius

On 10/13/2021 at 6:34 AM, Art-J said:

press the bailout command for the first crew member, then switch to the second position and do the same.

Oh no....I've been killing poor Nigel all this time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update:

I find Voice Attack very useful in situations like this. One verbal command can issue the complete string of keystrokes required to get both crew members out of the aircraft.

I thought my command should be very British. Like " I say Nigel old chap, I think we should be vacating this gentleman's flying contraption, what?", but I settled on a more realistic (for me) "Bail out - bail out" in a rapidly rising tone. I also did the gentlemanly thing and let Nigel go first. Probably the smart thing as I suspect his legs would get in the way of my rapid exit.

Anyway, it all works OK if you give the command to both.

image.png

Edited by Terry Dactil
  • Like 2

Imho navigator should bail first when pilot control plane withing available limits, if pilot would bail out first situation may develop in to situation when nawigator will no longer be able to jump out, something like spin, excessive speed etc.

So it should look like this, when you tap eject command you should see navigator bailing out first, while you are trying to keep plane controlled navigator has time to deal with door so when he jumps, you just jump right after him everything got ready by navigator.

Edited by grafspee
  • Like 2

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

• 2 weeks later...