The C-47 Template request thread.

Hawkeye60

As the title says.

This is a outstanding model.

With a proper set of templates a lot of skins can be created.

Some have already started!

But we NEED these templates to do the model justice!

Please supply ASAP!

Thank you!

• Like 5

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

PS in IL2 there's a great template for the C47 and now updated for the recenter player version, but it contains 2 4096x4096 PSD files. IMO to do with the cockpit etc,

I noticed that the template for the B17 has a different size in DCS, 8192x4069, without cockpit etc, as it's a Ai plane. Looks quite simple maybe.

I guess a template for a C47 probably will have the same lay-outing as the B17. Has any one a dds or knows where they are located in DCS ?

I found some in  ..... \DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\tech\WWII Units\Textures\C-47.zip\ but airplane parts seem scattered all over the zip file.

==================================================================

I made historical skins for civilian C74 planes in IL2.

Lettering below the cabin windows was realty difficult for this one in Photoshop with special warping of parts, and also kerning:

de Uiver

The Delta Airlines here was also a hell of a job, especially due the bands on body placement like engine cowlings and wing boots being partly warped and differing in relative size:

Delta NC28340_XL3x.jpg

Edited by jackd
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...