VR Headset Waterline Alignment (Reverb G2)

Fixx

Hi all,

Just some help needed: this has got me stumped. DCS appears to be applying a rotation around the z-axis to my headset. It is only a few degrees, and not a serious issue. A good demonstration of what I mean is below:

Screen_220105_211912.png

What's unusual:

- It only happens in the cockpit (all aircraft). It does not seem to be an issue in the main menu.

- There is no sign of this issue in WMR or SteamVR.

What I've tried:

- Clearing environment data and recalibrating.

- Calibrating with unusual alignments (no effect).

- Using the WMR debug tool.

Looking around the web it seems like no-one has ever had this issue, or at least never noticed it.

Any ideas?

Fixx

• ED Team

Hi, 

its not something I have noticed myself, will watch for it. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Most users assign a vr recenter to either a Hotas button or VoiceAttack command .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Thank you. I tried using the numpad 5 centre as well as VR centre. Unfortunately this didn't fix it.

Both recentres seem to work in the same way - they correct for displacement but not rotation. Ie, I can hold my head at a weird angle and recentre, and this makes no difference to the orientation of the view.

Grateful for any other ideas

• Thanks 1

Crooked neck maybe? I'm only half joking, but it could simply be a matter of the straps or the headset not being seated on your head properly. 

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

• 1 month later...

This is probably something to do with the views LUA settings in DCS. Just as a quick check if thats actually it, you could :

1. Rename the folder Saved Games\"View" to "View.backup"

2. Start up DCS and reenable VR if needed.

3. Start a quick flight and check if view is still tilted.

If that is not the problem, you can delete the newly created folder View, and rename back the View.backup to View.

Edited by chrisofsweden

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

• 1 month later...