Extinguish fire

AngryViper.101
Go to solution Solved by Frederf,

Thanks for the reply guys.

I have managed to land but i cannot ask for a repair and notice that my aircraft is not even visible on the F10 map anymore?

Why would one be able to land but no longer be 'part' of the game? 

i7-11800H @ 2.30GH | 16Gb 3200MHz | GeForce RTX 3060 | Samsung 1TB SSD | KINGSTON 520GB SSD

Sojust to make this clear: Does the Viper not have fire extinguishers like the Hornet, Tomcat or Warthog for example?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

In fact, most single-engine jet fighters don't have fire suppression systems. If you have the option of punching out, there's no reason to stay inside an aircraft that's on fire. Especially in something like an F-16, which won't even glide particularly far with the engine dead.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mustang25 said:

You guys are surviving aircraft damage? Lol. I don't remember the last time I was hit in the Viper where my pilot wasn't instantly killed.

Last night I took damage from AAA at low altitude, lost control and punched out. My jet survived impact with the ground, and sat there at full power slowly pushing its way through the grass. I walked up to it and stood on the wing. It ran for about 10 minutes before running out of fuel. 

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

13 hours ago, Frederf said:

None. With a two engine airplane the remaining engine has some utility. With one engine the crash takes care of the fire.

Makes sense :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg