Game sound volume reduction when activated

Shrike88

Greetings, not sure if this is reported or not, however The Overall DCS Game volume is significantly lowered whenever the Voice Radio is activated and turned on after opening the menu.   As soon as all of the users disconnect, then the volume is restored.

23 hours ago, Shrike88 said:

Greetings, not sure if this is reported or not, however The Overall DCS Game volume is significantly lowered whenever the Voice Radio is activated and turned on after opening the menu.   As soon as all of the users disconnect, then the volume is restored.

I'm not sure if there's a solution in the works, but if you right click the audio icon in your taskbar, click sounds, then in the window that pops up, select the 'communications' tab and then check 'do nothing' (by default Windows will lower system sounds by 80% when communications activity are detected)

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

9 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

I'm not sure if there's a solution in the works, but if you right click the audio icon in your taskbar, click sounds, then in the window that pops up, select the 'communications' tab and then check 'do nothing' (by default Windows will lower system sounds by 80% when communications activity are detected)

It does and doesnt, it worked for me, my mate had it all ready set and it didnt work for him

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/6/2022 at 4:10 PM, Northstar98 said:

This worked for me. My situation was, single player volume was drastically louder than multiplayer sessions. I opened up the communications tab listed in the quote above and clicked "do nothing". Now single player volumes are on par with multiplayer volumes. Obviously would rather not have to tweak my windows settings for one application, as I do not know how this will affect other applications.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...