Control Panel light sync or Streamdeck...not both

Chewmann

Hey guys,

I just got my combat and takeoff panels from WinWing for Christmas.  Man are they great!  At first I couldn't get the lights to sync but once I clicked on the "Fix lua" button life was good.  So I jumped into a mission (I fly exclusively in the hornet) and I realized my Streamdeck XL wasn't working.  I use it for many things, mostly the UFC.  After looking around, I remembered I "fixed" the lua in the SimAppPro app, so I went to the Export.lua file and saw that it had completed removed the StreamDeck export script.  OK, I thought, I'll add it back in.  I did, then jumped back into DCS.  Now the lights aren't syncing again but the StreamDeck is.  I even tried placing the StreamDeck script before then after the WinWing script but no joy!

I researched a bit and tried a suggest I found to click the box to "Close the modification of Export.lua file," but that did not work for me. 

I have started a conversation with WinWing to see if they have a solution.  They replied with, "Our software engineer will check but can not sure figure it out as 3rd part hardware. please waiting for our news."  

Has anyone else run in to the same issue?  If so, did you find a solution/workaround?  I really want both to work and I am SURE I am not the only one to run into this issue.

Lastly, here is the Export.lua after the SimAppPro fixes it.

local wwtlfs=require('lfs')
dofile(wwtlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/wwt/wwtExport.lua')

Here is the script needed for the StreamDeck to function.

dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\DCS-ExportScript\ExportScript.lua]])

"Control panel light sync or Streamdeck...not both"

Thanks and Happy New Year!

I run both fine but had to put specific order in my file, there's a thread on it somewhere already with more description but here's my file.

Make sure you tick the box in simapp so it wont modify the lua file. Ignore the things in my file you may not have like viacom etc...

local vaicomlfs = require('lfs'); dofile(vaicomlfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua]])
-- load the DCS ExportScript for DAC and Ikarus
local dcsexportlfs = require('lfs'); dofile(dcsexportlfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\DCS-ExportScript\ExportScript.lua]])

pcall(function() local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Mods\Services\DCS-SRS\Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]); end,nil);

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/7/2022 at 12:38 AM, Simm0 said:

I run both fine but had to put specific order in my file, there's a thread on it somewhere already with more description but here's my file.

Make sure you tick the box in simapp so it wont modify the lua file. Ignore the things in my file you may not have like viacom etc...

local vaicomlfs = require('lfs'); dofile(vaicomlfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua]])
-- load the DCS ExportScript for DAC and Ikarus
local dcsexportlfs = require('lfs'); dofile(dcsexportlfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\DCS-ExportScript\ExportScript.lua]])

pcall(function() local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Mods\Services\DCS-SRS\Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]); end,nil);

I am having same problem but i am using sim vc (virtual cockpit for ipad), DCS UFC, Tacview, Vaicom, Winwing...

Forr now VAICOM part is making mess of other exports, and i dont have a clue how to change the code, or where to put VAICOM part..:Tried every possible combo, but it just doesn't play nice with other exports...

dofile(".\\VCSServer\\FA18C.lua")
pcall(function() local pw=require('lfs');dofile(pw.writedir()..[[Scripts\pw-dev_script\ExportInit.lua]]); end,nil);
local wwtlfs=require('lfs'); dofile(wwtlfs.writedir()..[[Scripts/wwt/wwtExport.lua]])
local Tacviewlfs= require('lfs'); dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\TacviewGameExport.lua]])

Simm0 - do yuo know where is thread you mention located?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia