HSI not showing distance to tanker anymore

104th_Money

After last update, when I punch in tacan number for tanker and switch to A/A TR, the HSI will only show direction and not distance anymore.

Tried switching from Norm to Nav and back, but no luck.

Anything change for this?

Intel i9-13900k, Asus Z790-E Gaming Wifi II mobo, 64gb Corsair DDR5-6400 RGB ram 2x32gb XMP2 profile, 2TB Crucial T700 PCIE 5.0 SSD internal, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0 SSD internal, Asus Tuf Gaming overclocked Nvidia RTX 4090, Corsair 7000X Case with 5 x 120mm intake fans and 4 x 140mm exhaust fans, side mounted Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm liquid cooler w/Elite LCD with 6 x 120mm fans in push-pull intake configuration 2 x 32" Asus 2560x1440 displays, TrackIR5 w/pro clip, Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle, CH Fighterstick Pro and Pebble Beach Velocity pedals. 

16 hours ago, 104th_Money said:

After last update, when I punch in tacan number for tanker and switch to A/A TR, the HSI will only show direction and not distance anymore.

Maybe I missed something but isn't that accurate and also working like this since the release of the A-10C 10 years or so ago?

15 hours ago, Frederf said:

All the tankers behave like ground based TACAN now. It's affecting all planes.

exactly, isn't that working incorrectly? Should give only bearings...

On 1/7/2022 at 6:11 AM, Rongor said:

Maybe I missed something but isn't that accurate and also working like this since the release of the A-10C 10 years or so ago?

exactly, isn't that working incorrectly? Should give only bearings...

"A/A T/R. TACAN operates in Air-to-Air transceiver mode and provides bearing, range, deviation, and station identification with a TACAN-equipped aircraft."

i9 9900k - GTX 2080 Ti - MSI Z87 GD65 Mobo - 64GB HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 3200MHz - Win10 64 bit - TM Warthog w FSSB R3 mod - TrackIr 5.

KC-135, as modeled in DCS, is a full service airborne TACAN providing both bearing and range. There are such airplanes in real life, usually large ones because bearing equipment is large. Every airplane with TACAN equipment can provide distance service but it requires two-way communication. Bearing-only is when a full service station is not achieving two-way communication.

Right now all DCS tanker TACANs are behaving like ground stations. If you set tanker to 1X and tune 1X in your airplane like it's a ground station you'll get normal service. If you tune in like it's an air station you'll get partial service. That's because when you're in not-the-right mode relative to the station you sometimes get some bleed over because the different modes and bands and pulse codes aren't 100% independent of each other. The fact that you get partial service when not fully configured to match with the station type causes a lot of confusion.

• Like 1