2022 New Years Update is Here ! !

-Rudel-

Dear Pilots,

The long awaited news update from our company is now live!  Let's make 2022 our year!

https://leatherneck-sim.com/2022/01/06/2022-new-years-update/

Screen_220106_051245.png

• Like 39
  • Thanks 7

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

Awesome! That's a great read! Thanks a lot for writing this down! :thumbup:

I'm really excited for literally all of this
: The F4U, the F-8 and the very much needed MiG-21 improvments/fixes.

• Like 3

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

4 hours ago, Avimimus said:

But... the teaser... is still just the teaser? We are going to have to wait months aren't we? To find out if a Su-17/22 is planned?

It was already teased last year and still no words about it from M3, so we may wait years before they will talk about it.

But seeing how fast is M3 and considaring the crusader is still in early développment,  i doubt the Su-17 will be released before at least 2028

• Like 2

On 1/8/2022 at 8:44 PM, Chinaski said:

It was already teased last year and still no words about it from M3, so we may wait years before they will talk about it.

2020_Merry_Christmas_Banner.png

https://leatherneck-sim.com/2020/12/22/christmas-update/

On 1/8/2022 at 8:44 PM, Chinaski said:

But seeing how fast is M3 and considaring the crusader is still in early développment,  i doubt the Su-17 will be released before at least 2028

Do we already know it will be a Su-17 and not a Su-22?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

^ We don't. But because some countries used this plane under its original designation and some under the export-one, people on the forum use both numbers interchangeably.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

23 minutes ago, Art-J said:

^ We don't. But because some countries used this plane under its original designation and some under the export-one, people on the forum use both numbers interchangeably.

That's why I just speak speak of the Fitter or refer to it as the Su-17/Su-22 if necessary.

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 5 months later...
On 1/10/2022 at 9:10 AM, QuiGon said:

2020_Merry_Christmas_Banner.png

https://leatherneck-sim.com/2020/12/22/christmas-update/

Do we already know it will be a Su-17 and not a Su-22?

So, if Octopus is teasing Su-17 chrome cockpit on their fb, assuming it it DCS module, then what's under the Xmas wraps? 

• Like 2

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• 2 weeks later...

...unless they work on it together (?)

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

52 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

I think not. OctopusG has very hermetic and has more plausible two separated projects Su17M4 by M3 /Su22M2 by OctopusG.

Enviado desde mi RNE-L21 mediante Tapatalk

Why would you think OctopusG is doing an M2 version if their clip showed Su-22M4?

IMG_20220629_234936.jpg

Edited by Gierasimov
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gierasimov said:

Why would you think OctopusG is doing an M2 version if their clip showed Su-22M4?

IMG_20220629_234936.jpg

Clearly something odd is going on...

Note the nickname, it suggests possible native language of OctopusG

24 minutes ago, okopanja said:

Clearly something odd is going on...

Note the nickname, it suggests possible native language of OctopusG

it says Novyy Pozyvnoy or new callsign 

I believe that it was long known OctopusG is Russian speaking developer, or maybe it was just my thoughts. 

1 minute ago, Silver_Dragon said:

As I talk M3 can make a Su17M4 and Octopus a Su-22M4, of course, IF that has a "incoming" DCS official module, no a Mod.

Isn't this domestic vs export variant naming?

Are both of these official modules?

Why is neither ED or M3 saying anything on this topic?

No it is not. 

Domestic is Su-17 and export is Su-22 but still Mx for both. 

Nobody said anything yet to the best of our knowledge and moderators confirmed no official license from ED has been obtained yet, meaning officially it is not being made. There is one other Su-17 mod in the works by SVKSniper as well. So we could easily say there are two 'mods' in works and maybe even 3. 😉

Edited by Gierasimov

Isn't this domestic vs export variant naming?
Are both of these official modules?
Why is neither ED or M3 saying anything on this topic?
No, has none confirmed and none signed.

Actually have:
- A mod building be SKSSniper with a Su-17M4 (Magnitude 3?)
- some pics and a video about a Su-22M4 3d model by OctopusG

Nothing more. Only can waiting news about that can reach, or maintain as Mods or turn on confirmed official modules.

Enviado desde mi RNE-L21 mediante Tapatalk

Su-17M4 and Su-22M4 are so similar, it's almost certain we won't have two studios release two modules of these.

Like others said, these aren't signed with ED as a licensed 3rd party module. It's pretty clearly what both OctopusG and Magnitude 3 intend to do, but they didn't take it to ED yet. SVKSniper's effort, if we follow the breadcrumbs, seems to be in cooperation with Mag3, but that's not confirmed either. SVKSniper said he'll continue modeling it, what may come. But in the end it might mean that without 3rd party programmer support his effort may end up as just a pretty model.

Long in short, we are likely, eventually getting a Su-17/22 of M4 variant, from one party or other, but it isn't official yet, and will likely take quite a bit time to come.

While this is the aircraft I'm most excited to have in DCS together with the F-4E, I have to say that it's too early worry about/hype for.

So, I'd say don't worry about it, until the time we get some news and ED awarding license to one party or other, or maybe even to a cooperative effort between the two.

Edited by WinterH
  • Like 2

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

5 minutes ago, WinterH said:

While this is the aircraft I'm most excited to have in DCS together with the F-4E, I have to say that it's too early worry about/hype for.

F-4E is kind of iconic, but do not get me wrong, this might sound naive: but what is so special about Su-17/22?

12 minutes ago, okopanja said:

F-4E is kind of iconic, but do not get me wrong, this might sound naive: but what is so special about Su-17/22?

It's cool for me in the same way. Cold War coolness, potent strike aircraft for it's time, I also like Soviet/Russian aircraft, and DCS has forever been lacking a full fidelity Russian strike aircraft.

Even as an FC3 aircraft, I really like Su-25, and 17/22 are like 25 but faster, and in some ways it offer more toys to play with like TV guided Kh-29T and SEAD stuffs. Su-25T can also do those of course, but I personally find the fitter more alluring.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script