Nalchik taxiway for runway 06 centerline issue

VIXEN413

Hey all, 

following the centerline to reach the threshold of rwy 06, just in the turn for lineup, the centerline has twy blue edge lights on it. 

needs to be changed for the green recessed light

BR

• Like 1

Rig: MB Gigabite z390UD, CPU Intel I7 8700k, RAM 32G DDR4 3200 Gskill ripjaws, GPU MSI RTX2080SuperOC, HDD Crucial mx500 1tb M2 sata, PSU Corsair 850W, watercooling Corsair h100,

Controlers TM f/a 18 stick on Virpil warbrd base, TM cougar f16 stick on cougar base, Cougar F16 throttle on TUSBA, ch pedals, TM cougar MFD

27" monitor with trk IR 5 and HP Reverb HMD.

Modules F18, F16, F86, Mig15, FW 190D9, Nellis range map, Aggr campaign, Middle East map

Hi @VIXEN413. I'll report the two misplaced blue lights.

I don't understand your last sentence.

On 1/7/2022 at 12:46 AM, VIXEN413 said:

needs to be changed for the green recessed light

What green lights are you talking about?

• Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

7 hours ago, Flappie said:

Hi @VIXEN413. I'll report the two misplaced blue lights.

I don't understand your last sentence.

What green lights are you talking about?

He's referring to the green lights (recessed into the ground) that are traditionally used for taxiway centerline lighting. Not sure how applicable that is in this case though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Everybody said: "That's impossible!" Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Flying the A-10C for the 107th Joint Aviation Squadron

Developing and creating missions for Through The Inferno

Join the TTI Discord

53 minutes ago, Recoil16 said:

He's referring to the green lights (recessed into the ground) that are traditionally used for taxiway centerline lighting. Not sure how applicable that is in this case though.

Not likely at someplace like Nalchik. Taxiway centerline lighting is usually only present at airports served by Category II or III approaches.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

hey all, 

thanks for your answers. 

What I wanted to say was that I was surprised, by following a taxiway center line, to find taxiway edge lights right on it while lining up 06. And that if there should be anything, it should  indeed be some green leading light that you ll normally find on twy centerline... Usually, blue is for twy edges and green for twy centeline. 

Now, I checked on Jeppview and indeed, Nalchik does not have a lot of equipement and as you may find in a lot of old eastern countries airport, might just have the edge blue lights. 

Sorry for the misunderstanding. 

See ya all later, 

BR, 

Vixen

Edited by VIXEN413
  • Thanks 2

Rig: MB Gigabite z390UD, CPU Intel I7 8700k, RAM 32G DDR4 3200 Gskill ripjaws, GPU MSI RTX2080SuperOC, HDD Crucial mx500 1tb M2 sata, PSU Corsair 850W, watercooling Corsair h100,

Controlers TM f/a 18 stick on Virpil warbrd base, TM cougar f16 stick on cougar base, Cougar F16 throttle on TUSBA, ch pedals, TM cougar MFD

27" monitor with trk IR 5 and HP Reverb HMD.

Modules F18, F16, F86, Mig15, FW 190D9, Nellis range map, Aggr campaign, Middle East map

• 8 months later...