Would you still fly helicopters if the fixed wings arrive?

Maverick-GER-

Would you still fly helicopters if the fixed wings arrive?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Would you still fly helicopters if the fixed wings arrive?

• Yes of course, i wouldn't even touch those fixed wings!
    • Yes, but i would fly the fixed wings also!
    • No, why bothering with heli's if there are real aircraft?
    • Don't know yet

:D as Acedy said, I still can remeber when I had to switch Floppy Discs in gameloading in AH64 on my commodore 128!

Loading time was near 5 minutes :doh:

Graphic I cant remeber but I felt like being there.....:P

I have waited so long after longbow2 for a decent Rotorsim, never got a real EnemyEngaged Fan, but now I have what I always wanted! BS!

and sometime I will fly AH64 again......:pilotfly:

Love ED!

|AMD 7800x3D | 64GB DDR5-3600| GTX 4090 | Virpil Stick, Collectiv, WW MIP, WW Throttle, MFG Crosswind V2 | Windows 11 64-bit | SSD Samsung | 4K LG Oled 48 | Oculus Q3 | Simlab based Cockpit

Both ofcourse. With this level of realism they both become very fun to master. I dont have a narrow play style that makes me ditch one over the other. ;)

Regards

Alex "Snuffer" D.

AMD FX8350 (8 core) 4.1GHZ ::: 8GB Dominator 1600mhz ::: GTX660 2GB ::: 2xHD ::: 24" ASUS

i'll see it as an advantage to release new flyable aircrafts (no matter if rotary or fixed wings) in an interval of at least 9 months. You are getting used to the aircraft and really learn to fly it (and of course use it as a deadly weapon). After that time, its good to get a new plane where you can start over by 0. The more aircrafts are implemented in the game (and the improvements of the multiplayer online part), the bigger and better are the battles. As the most comments before already said. Hell yeah helos for attacking wide spread groups - taking out small batteries one by one. Marking other targets for the A10, meanwhile the Fighterjets tries to get air sovereignty over the battlefield. Lots of people with designated roles and tasks working together to achieve a big goal in a battle. Man thats a sim i really want to see.

my x for "also the fixed wings" - that vote sounds so negative as they are splite in competitive Groups (Rotaries vs. FixWingers). Both have their own roles. And i would love to fly allllll of them .. :)

Just my 2 cents, Thank you for attention

Evincare from Austria

off topic: lol i just saw a few scenes of ace combat on tv a few minutes ago... olol what a "sim" - love my falcon 4.0 AF (when i'm able to get those f**** GBUS into the target that is as big as a matchbox)

that is if you wanna get and learn every module... (and even then 9 months is a bit long...) Personally i would only get the modules that interest me ( A10, AH64, F-16, F-15 and following western aircraft) i am not really interested in eastern Aircraft so i wont get those modules.

I would say ( maybe i am a fast learner) 1 month of intensive training (2-3hours per day) and you should be very good already.

So lets say 1-2 another months to "master" the aircraft!

But 9 months that's way too much in my opinion!

Anyhow i know it can't be like a new DCS module every 3 months lol (sad but true)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F-14 Tomcat

Rest in Peace

(and hopefully get reborn in DCS!)

(Dream came true about 10 years later, now the Apache please :lol:)

I would stick to the helicopters. I've tried fixed wings and quickly found out they aren't my thing:

- They don't turn, so in a dogfight the other is ALWAYS behind you

- They don't hang still, by the time I've got my target in sight I'm crashing in to it (does work as a method of knocking them out though. AND it gets rid of another of those nasty fixed wings :D )

I would stick to the helicopters. I've tried fixed wings and quickly found out they aren't my thing:

- They don't turn, so in a dogfight the other is ALWAYS behind you

- They don't hang still, by the time I've got my target in sight I'm crashing in to it (does work as a method of knocking them out though. AND it gets rid of another of those nasty fixed wings :D )

Good stuff :megalol:

• Like 1

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

I've flown various flavors of Falcon over the last decade, and plenty of MS FS in-between, but as I spend real $$$ flying RC helis and now DCS:BS, I think I'm firmly a rotorhead!

I have to admit though that there is no substitute for trying to hit Mach 2 in the F-16 whilst trying to burn as little fuel as possible getting there. AWESOME! :D

Best regards,

Tango.

Edited by Tango

I voted for both, as long as they are as detail as the KA-50 and as fun to play with. I have been playing BS for what... a month now and I am still learning things about the helicopter and wanting to learn more as a mechanic an as a Aircraft nerd.

• Like 1

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I love long range strike/interdiction & SEAD. My aircraft preference reflects this bias.

[**stray_wistful_thought**] The Tornado IDS would be great ... :D[/**stray_wistful_thought**]

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

I guess weasels aren't very elitist ;)

QFT.

Who the hell wants to be a weasel? I'm waiting for the day we start calling mud mover aircraft nicknames like "the worm", or "the dung beatle". "Eagles may soar but worms and dung beatles...uh...nevermind." :megalol:

Edited by RedTiger

I prefer carrier based fighters but "I fly what ever I buy" so if the sim I purchase has a Helicopter then I'll fly it.. Secretly though I am a bit of whirling guillotine junkie so spinning blades will always get a huge amount of my sim time. :thumbup: .

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

I just can't wait for the different modules to start coming out. Have you guys considered how many choices we're going to have in hyperlobby once 4 or 5 modules are released?

Rotor: A2G coop/head2head

Fixed: A2G coop/head2head A2A coop/head2head

MIXED!: A2A cover for A2G fixed covering A2G rotors in a full-blown war!

The possibilities are endless, and just imagine what will happen once they implement the new engine!

Personally, I will fly both and therefore will never tire of one singular role. I may prefer one over the other most of the time, but I will always be able to switch at my leisure in order to keep having fun. This sim is going to last for yeeeeaaaaars.....

Well hopefully it works out like you say... but if i think back to lock on times there were f-15s and a-10s too but still there was no f-15 covering a-10s =) there was a everyone fly f-15s and no one flys a-10s =)

(same on the russian side)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F-14 Tomcat

Rest in Peace

Well hopefully it works out like you say... but if i think back to lock on times there were f-15s and a-10s too but still there was no f-15 covering a-10s =) there was a everyone fly f-15s and no one flys a-10s =)

(same on the russian side)

Depends how serious you want to be with it , just turning up on your lonesome and hoping you'll get cover ain't going to work , most people that fly on Hyperlobby at the moment tend to treat LOMAC like CounterStrike.:D

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

back then we used to fly the a10 in a 2 man formation and even asked for air cover several times but never got any help.

You are right people play lomac like counterstrike its all about starting shooting and respawning =)

And i feared it would be the same in DCS .

Anyhow this poll has already 19 people stating they would not fly fixed wings they are just in for the rotary ones... so i still have some hope =)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F-14 Tomcat

Rest in Peace

The groundpounder guys don't help either. You try to give them cover but all they do is run straight for their targets, not employing any evasive tactics whatsoever to avoid being noticed by bandits, they don't plan their ingress beyond 'we go to WP whatever and start shooting' and in general they never help out the air cover do its job.

I'm not going to run in into a 4-ship 'cause some A-10 guys asked for help and flew straight into it ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Well anyhow i dont blame you, i was in a A-10 just for a short time anyhow, until i learned the f-15 and from that point never went back to that slow groundpounder again =)

That would be just like trading a Ferrari for a small Fiat and since there is no gas price to pay the choice should be clear lol.

But as far as i can judge mostly it was like why should i fly with those slow A-10s around for 30 minutes, if i can just fly with full speed into the combat zone and fire a few rockets =)

Edited by Maverick-GER-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F-14 Tomcat

Rest in Peace