Hard Left Rudder Input Malfunction

Fargengru

I was on the Persian Gulf At War server on 1/7/2022 and I found that the rudder was hard left rudder with no letting up. I am unsure of the cause of this problem as I had not done anything out of the ordinary. In the video provided I will show that I have no glitches on the part of my control scheme. I disable all inputs to the rudder in their entirety, not even keyboard rudder controls are enabled, yet it continually yaws hard left. I have not been able to repeat this problem and even a simple respawn solved the problem in my next Hornet.

I am totally unsure as to what could have caused the problem but this is clearly a bug in the game as my inputs had no malfunctions on my end.
Will be glad to provide any and all files you could need, to start I will provide a recording I made of the problem. I apologize in advance for my colorful language, I did not realize my microphone was working on recordings again. If anybody requires anything else do not be afraid to ask and I'll provide if able.

No, this was recorded yesterday as an afterthought, but no. It had continually yawed left. I was initially flying due west. I looked away to watch a friend flying I believe it was and when I came back I was significantly off course with extreme hard rudder.
I also do not believe the rudder yaws hard left within the cockpit. The pilot's legs should show you that. I apologize if it isn't uploaded yet. The video itself is ~4 minutes of me complaining and showing the issue, whenever it finishes uploading and such I will make an update.

Promised update has arrived, the video is now functional though not yet HD. Again: i apologize in advance for my profanities. But you should get a clear picture of what my problem I described was. The video is overly long but it covers all the bases, there's no input error on my end.

• ED Team

Hi, 

I can not reproduce on my machine, can you add a track replay of the behaviour. 

Also can you confirm you are not using any third party input tools / joystick emulators

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I can confirm I am not using any third party input tools. I use a cheap "pro pedal" i got off amazon for my rudder pedals, a T16000m thrustmaster for my stick, and the accompanying thrustmaster throttle. I have as a result 3 inputs for my rudder, but my twist is broken on my joystick so that's disabled, and i don't use the rudder pedal things on my throttle (which are by default in a neutral position) so that's also disabled.

I would be glad to post the track file, I found it, but it is a little long. How would I go about cutting the file so you don't have to sit through like 40 minutes of nothing?

To mention to @BIGNEWYas well since you mentioned it. I also haven't been able to replicate this. This was a one time problem that appeared during this flight and since I haven't had any rudder malfunctions. It's why I think this may have been some sort of rare bug or something.

In any case, if anybody would be so kind as to tell me how to cut down my track file, I'd gladly provide you with it.

Edit for extra information: I do use a third party software, but the only one I use is SRS, the radio tool. So I don't think that should interfere with this. That is as it stands the only third party software I run in DCS as it stands. (unless you want to consider plane skins third party software, but even then I don't have many.)

Edited by Fargengru

• 2 weeks later...

Hi:

I am having a similar issue with the rudder since the latest update in the Stable version. The T/O trim button is not responding during a cold start and in-flight. I have attached the track file of a mission that I created. The rudder trim button keeps returning to a 2-3 o'clock position on the deck and in-flight. The FCS shows rudders set 2 degrees to the right. I have been experiencing the same issue during several missions I created with takeoff from an airport as well as carrier based missions.

f18 Rudder trim issue.trk

• 7 months later...

I've just had this issue pop up on a multiplayer mission I was flying, at some point during the flight the rudder attempted to go full left deflection without any commanded input (I even unbound all my rudder controls / axis and this issue still occurred). I wasn't able to find a solution and had to quit out of the mission. I've got a track file however I can't upload it here as the file is too large so you can find a link to it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/18PHdqiE-WVobpOflJx0VdEwGbxtdfiiM/view?usp=sharing

Did you also check if your keypress (not axis!) command for rudder (yes, there is such thing too, making full deflection when the key pressed) is not assigned to something accidentally, or by one of the updates, that regularly do mess up your key assignements without you realizing it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Razor18 said:

Did you also check if your keypress (not axis!) command for rudder (yes, there is such thing too, making full deflection when the key pressed) is not assigned to something accidentally, or by one of the updates, that regularly do mess up your key assignements without you realizing it.

Yes I unbound all the controls for the rudder, including the Z and X keys on the keyboard for it. Even when everything had been unbound this issue was still present.