Strange FPS drop over trees/low to ground

I have the exact same issue.

Any update on this?

I will try on Flight Simulator2020 with the Super Hornet and see if I get the same issue.

By the way, I have a RTX-2070. Everything is smooth except when I look right or left to the ground. I‘m using vr quest2.

I also put everything on low but nothing improved. 

• ED Team
12 minutes ago, Flanky83 said:

Any update on this?

I will try on Flight Simulator2020 with the Super Hornet and see if I get the same issue.

By the way, I have a RTX-2070. Everything is smooth except when I look right or left to the ground. I‘m using vr quest2.

Its best if you provide your full system spec, your DCS settings and a short track replay showing an issue. 

Comparing to other sims wont be helpful. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, Flanky83 said:

Any update on this?

Exact issue as what? 

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

I run on HP Obelisk 875:

-Intel i7-8700CPU @ 3.2GHz

-32GB RAM

-Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070

-VR oculus Quest2

Windows11

DCS settings: Low

Module: F/A-18 Hornet

Issue: at low altitude when looking left or right in direction of the ground the image is stuttering. Same when a jet comes in opposite direction and I follow it left or right side of the cockpit.

I will try to provide a track play. Thanks a lot.

At what time that fps reuduction occuours? at dusk and dawn there is a bug with huge fps hits, due flat shadow rendering (recently fixed by a user mod - Lefuneste -). Do you have flat shadows enabled? Try it without them and let us know.

Hi Gryzor

It is independent of the day time in the simulation.

I had flat shadows enabled. I switched it off, it helped a bit, but it is still there.

90° left roll, if I turn my head (VR) to the ground, there it is: micro stuttering. Does not happen when on the airfield parked and looking left and right.

Edited by Flanky83

On 1/21/2022 at 2:21 PM, Flanky83 said:

@impalor thanks for the link. I’m not using any other VR menu to start DCS than Oculus. Empty the Hangar is however a very good Idea, but after I googled it, I realized that it could also messed things up.

Not sure what you read, but I'm using it as a mod for a few months without any problems. Just unload all mods with OvGME before updating DCS and re-apply after. I attached this script in a compatible format.

Empty Hangar.zip

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR