Dumb bombs and waypoint designate

CBStu

If I set up four 84s to hit waypoint X and set them for 100ft intervals where does the first bomb hit? Will it hit WP X and the other three hit 100ft, 200ft and 300ft beyond WP X in the direction I am flying? Or does the first bomb hit before WP X and the rest WP X and beyond it?

3 часа назад, rob10 сказал:

The aimpoint will be the CENTRE of all the bombs to be released (i.e. if you're releasing three, the 2nd will hit the aimpoint with 1st before and 3rd after).

At the risk of off-topic, what other planes work this way? Because I always thought the target is just the initial point. Also does the CCIP mode work this way?

On 1/9/2022 at 9:10 PM, WarbossPetross said:

At the risk of off-topic, what other planes work this way? Because I always thought the target is just the initial point. Also does the CCIP mode work this way?

CCIP works the same. 

Iirc all planes/ fire solution computers works this way.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2022 at 9:10 PM, WarbossPetross said:

The F-16 works the same, the AV8 not. There will hit the first Bomb @the aimpoint and not the centre. CCRP works the same way

On 1/13/2022 at 11:36 AM, Rescue said:

CCIP works the same. 

Iirc all planes/ fire solution computers works this way.

At least in DCS the AV8B and the Mirage not 😉 . There the first bomb will hit your aimpoint and the rest of your ripple will follow. )

Edited by felixx75
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, felixx75 said:

The F-16 works the same, the AV8 not. There will hit the first Bomb @the aimpoint and not the centre. CCRP works the same way

At least in DCS the AV8B and the Mirage not 😉 . There the first bomb will hit your aimpoint and the rest of your ripple will follow. )

Worth noting that the AV8B should also have the multiple release pattern centred around the displayed impact point.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2