New Hind Campaign

Cael

I just posted a new SP campaign for the Hind: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3320102/

This campaign is an homage to classic action shows of the 1980s like Airwolf and The A-Team. Bellerophon International is a mercenary organization, rushing to the Black Sea to take a contract from the Georgian government during the Russo-Georgian War in 2008. An attack by parties unknown has disrupted the peace talks and as Captain Elena “Zap” Bishop, you must fly an Mi-24P Hind and help turn the tide of the war before it spirals out of control. Assault mountaintop strongholds, provide close air support, engage columns of armor, sling load cargo, and transport troops under fire in 12 fully robovoiced missions.

Enjoy, and please let me know if you encounter any bugs so I can fix them 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 12

Hey @Cael as I commented before the campaign has been very fun so far, but I ran into a couple of problems:

- I had to skip "Patrol" because even though I completed it, the "end mission" button in the debriefing didn't work, not sure what might be the source of this problem (I'll probably try it again sometime and see how it'll go) but I thought it was worthy to point it out just in case

- looks like I get stuck on Night rider; I chase the speedboat, but when it stops and then the switchover to the yacht is supposed to happen something seems to bork out. The speedboat remains there floating in the air, and the yacht seems to disappear. I also tried with labels on and they do too, so I'm relatively confident that my lousy spotting skills aren't the offenders here 🤔 The "entity" seems to be still there, because I still get the message that I need to get closer, but it's just not visible (or, at least, I can't find it)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, xmegasuro said:

- I had to skip "Patrol" because even though I completed it, the "end mission" button in the debriefing didn't work, not sure what might be the source of this problem (I'll probably try it again sometime and see how it'll go) but I thought it was worthy to point it out just in case

It might be an instance of that "End Mission" bug that has been plaguing people for some time. People who encounter this issue, please save your dcs.log and your debriefing.log and send it over. I've been trying to find a reproducible testcase for some time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, xmegasuro said:

Hey @Cael as I commented before the campaign has been very fun so far, but I ran into a couple of problems:

- looks like I get stuck on Night rider; I chase the speedboat, but when it stops and then the switchover to the yacht is supposed to happen something seems to bork out. The speedboat remains there floating in the air, and the yacht seems to disappear. I also tried with labels on and they do too, so I'm relatively confident that my lousy spotting skills aren't the offenders here 🤔 The "entity" seems to be still there, because I still get the message that I need to get closer, but it's just not visible (or, at least, I can't find it)

Thanks for the bug reports! I’ll check these out and get them fixed 🙂

20 hours ago, xmegasuro said:

Thanks again for reporting this stuff. I couldn't make the "end mission" button issue happen, but I've seen the thing @BuzzLine described happen so hopefully it was just that? The issue with the boat was a weird one! Once the boat switchover happened, the 2nd boat was submerging like a submarine! I temporarily turned on all the F10 map tracking and it was actually still there, doing what it was supposed to do, just underwater and invisible. It looks like it's a problem with the map. Starting it south a little bit from where it was starting before made it start underwater, so I think something must have happened to it between when I made the mission originally and now. The reason there are two boats to begin with is that I couldn't get the river boat to go into the sea, it would just stop dead when it got to the end of the river, so something is wonky with water navigation there. Anyway, I moved it to another point on that jetty and it seems to be working. The revised version is uploaded, please let me know if it's still broken for you 😄

• Like 1

On 1/30/2022 at 7:01 PM, Cael said:

Has anyone finished the campaign? Would love to know that everything is working now 🙂

Atm I'm trying to tackle mission 10 without being shot down 😂 but hadn't other problems in particular so far.

Anyway I really like the missions up to this point, you had some very crazy ideas (I mean... shooting at stuff while sling loading? hovering on a moving train? why tf not!) and I hope  other missions/campaigns will come in the future -  the hind desperately needs them imo

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just finished... Enjoyed the challenges...and believe me ,I was challenged!! Gonna miss my lovely Foreign gunner gal. Not gonna lie. I really enjoyed the female element in this story. I would like to see more of this as a DCS standard option.

• Like 1

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

12 hours ago, Raven434th said:

Just finished... Enjoyed the challenges...and believe me ,I was challenged!! Gonna miss my lovely Foreign gunner gal. Not gonna lie. I really enjoyed the female element in this story. I would like to see more of this as a DCS standard option.

Awesome, thanks for posting! Really glad you enjoyed it, this made my day to read :)

Finished the first 7 missions and some missions indeed are challenging (took me 2 or 3 attempts). I especially like the mix of the tasks. In mission 7 [spoiler] (at least I think it was 7...the night mission), it's hard to follow the 2nd boat though [/spoiler] because of the missing lighting. I ended up opening the mission and drawing a line along the way to see it on the F10 map (yeah, sort of cheating).

Also in mission 6 it sometimes was hard to spot the APC. If they were moving, it was easy, but once you shot on one of them, the 2nd starts hiding.

Anyway, so far a very enjoyable campaign. With "real" voice-over, that would be a payable DLC campaign to me when it comes to quality, mission design, story and enjoyment factor.

1 hour ago, rge75 said:

Finished the first 7 missions and some missions indeed are challenging (took me 2 or 3 attempts). I especially like the mix of the tasks. In mission 7 [spoiler] (at least I think it was 7...the night mission), it's hard to follow the 2nd boat though [/spoiler] because of the missing lighting. I ended up opening the mission and drawing a line along the way to see it on the F10 map (yeah, sort of cheating).

Also in mission 6 it sometimes was hard to spot the APC. If they were moving, it was easy, but once you shot on one of them, the 2nd starts hiding.

Anyway, so far a very enjoyable campaign. With "real" voice-over, that would be a payable DLC campaign to me when it comes to quality, mission design, story and enjoyment factor.

Thanks very much! Really glad you’re having fun with it. I fought long and hard with the Su-25s dropping illuminating flares in the night mission, sounds like they stopped behaving again. I’ll take a look and see if I can get them lighting the 2nd boat properly again. Thanks!

They drop them, but only until the 1st boat. The 2nd remained in the dark in my case. Well, on one attempt, there was some light at the beginning of the depart. At least the boat is firing towards you, haha. That gives you the direction.

Thanks for looking into it. 

Fuel also became critical toward the end. I had 5% left when I arrived at the target area...so if somebody needs more time tacking out the AAA, he might have real issues toward the end. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished the campaign. Some missions were quite difficult to me and I had to retry several times. Overall, a very good mix of different missions IMO.
I skipped the one with the bridge though because if you didn't hit the bridge in the right angle, it simply didn't blow up and you ran out of ammo. I only managed once to destroy it but...wasn't able to pull up in time again and my blade hit a tree. The other times, it only took fire but the fire went out after a while.

2nd last mission is also very hard, especially because Petrovich seemed to have issues with aiming in this specific mission (?). 

And well, the train bug still seems in there. The end mission didn't work and I also had to use the skip button. No big deal though.

Thank you for the interesting campaign.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rge75 said:

Thanks, I've seen that before, but that would have meat to replace my logbook.lua, if I understood it correctly - and there are all my stats in there. That's whyI didn't use it and went for the skip mission option instead.

My fix doesn't affect your stats, those are stored in your "Saved Games" folder. The file to replace is ED's code inside the main DCS folder (hence the need for me to re-update it regularly when they update the file but still don't pick up my fixes).

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...