Coordinates set to user waypoints incorrectly when setting up via map in track-up -mode

MikeMikeJuliet

Hello,

it seems that there is a bug when setting up user waypoints via the map cursor while the map is in track-up -mode. In said mode the waypoint seems to get the correct coordinates as was shown in the cursor info-box, but then when I set the navigation to said point, the waypoint is far away from where I originally put it, even though when I check the coordinates from the user waypoint list all seems to be correct there. If you use the north-up -mode everything works just as intended.

So it seems, that even though the NS itself show the proper coordinates, the actual position is copied from the screen as if it was north-up. Very confusing indeed!

I found this flying in Caucasus. Haven't tested on other maps. Testing is simple: set the map to track-up, fly somewhere other than north and try to set up a user waypoint via the map (notice the coordinates!), set the direct-to function to the waypoint you just created and observe the result.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

• Like 2

DCS Finland | SF squadron

• 2 months later...

A little update on this topic. I just tried to replicate the bug on the Mariana islands, and you can see the bug there in action very well. In essence if you set the Track-Up mode and activate the cursor in the map screen, you will see your latitude at around the same ballpark as your longitude (which should be impossible, given that the longitude is around 140-150 degrees, and latitude naturally goes up to max +/-90 degrees). I will try to post a screenshot later today.

• Like 1

And I forgot... Alright, here's a screenshot form the Marianas F-15C freeflight instant action, note the coordinates (cursor east of aircraft postition, North-up mode)

image.png

And here's the same situation, but in Track-up mode, cursor again on the east side of the aircraft (left side):

image.png

I wasn't on active pause so the aircraft moved a bit (as you can see from the background) but that is besides the point. As you can see, in the track-up mode the latitudes are completely bonkers and exceed the limits for 90 degrees N/S by some 55 degrees

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

• Like 2

Here's another set, this time active pause is used. Caucasus, Su-25 instant action. Cursor is pressed, leaving it on the aircraft position. First one is again north up:

image.png

And second is track-up:

image.png

As you can see here, both coordinates show the same point in track-up. The difference is also not as noticeable because both coordinates are pretty close to each other. The position of the cursor has not changed and neither has the aircraft's pos, so it's not that.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

To the last post, here's another thing: Exactly same position, but I move my coursor to the left in Track-up (to the north) which makes the latitude decrease in stead of increase.

image.png

Longitude has changed logicalle (the heading of the aircraft is about 098, so moving the cursor directly left does not equal exactly north which would keep the latitude unchanged)

I hope these help to get to the bottom of this

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

• Like 6

On 3/28/2022 at 4:24 PM, MikeMikeJuliet said:

I wasn't on active pause so the aircraft moved a bit (as you can see from the background) but that is besides the point. As you can see, in the track-up mode the latitudes are completely bonkers and exceed the limits for 90 degrees N/S by some 55 degrees

Wow :D

• Like 1
Sometimes I Amaze even Myself!

• 1 year later...