RotorOps: Dynamic Mission Generator

Grimm

Hey Grimm, I put a RotorOps mission (the Cyprus one) up on my server last night and the boys have been loving it. Only change I made was adding 6 Apache slots and we're fighting through zone 3, with a few apache wrecks littering the hills 🙂 RPGs are no joke! Really feels alive, great job. 

Would there be a possibility to configure how many of each aircraft slot you wanted in the configurator?

Again, really nice job (and you too, Mr Nobody). 

Edited by ruprecht
  • Like 1

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

Thank you for the update.

Yesterday we noticed that the unit counter stopped working, cool that you already addressed this!

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

16 minutes ago, Martin1454 said:

Suggestion: With the new Ah-64 release, allow / be able to setup night missions also so we can use the sweet NVS systems of the AH-64.

You can (perhaps should) open every generated mission in the ME and fine tune it. Just generate it and then modify it to your liking. Eg set a different  weather or time of day.

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Still having fun with this. ❤️

The only real annoyance I have at the moment is that the Gazelles and Hip are missing when you create the mission, so I have to manually add multiples of them every time. Not difficult but gets annoying after a while. Hopefully you can add an option to populate the mission with all different player controlled helis in the future.

Please think of this mission generator as getting you 99% of the way there.  You should really open the mission in the mission editor, and fine tune the unit placements at least...since we have no way to really determine good places to put units.  Most of the time they end up in a good spot...but tanks on top of buildings is always a possibility.

So I would highly recommend that you always open the generated missions from the mission editor, rather than placing the missions directly into your mission folder.  Open it, spend like 30 seconds tweaking the unit positions, time of day, etc.

Now you can take it further if you like, and add more AI flights, or an F-16 for your buddy, or whatever.  The missions are hard to break and easy to modify.

Of course you can also create your own mission templates for the generator too but that's another topic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AH-64D bug:  If using the Apache and you start with external fuel tanks....quit the mission, open it in the mission editor and change your loadout there.  

There is a DCS Apache bug that retains the weight of the fuel tanks even after they are removed by the ground crew. You won't be able to takeoff when this happens.

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/296138-external-fuel-tank-weight-still-present-after-tanks-removed-now-with-track-file/

This looks awesome.  Quick question.  Apache TSD is blank.  No waypoints or target areas.  Is that something I’m doing wrong?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

vor 2 Stunden schrieb coolts:

This looks awesome.  Quick question.  Apache TSD is blank.  No waypoints or target areas.  Is that something I’m doing wrong?

No, you need to either add waypoints for the Apache slots to the generated mission in the Mission Editor, or with the TSD add Points/Route manually.

The generator is not designed to plan routes and add waypoints automatically.

Given the concept of adding and placing additional client slots, or even whole side missions, this has do be done post mission generation. For example an FOB template imported into a mission, wouldn't know where the zones are, or the intended approach routes... 😎

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Thank you for developing this Mission Generator. I started using Rotor Ops yesterday and really like it.  Although not a big deal but please consider changing the text when you hover over a category to something like white.  The black text over a dark background is difficult for me to see.

Hover-help.jpg

Edited by AG-51_Thud
Grammer

Just downloaded this on recommendation of Tactical Pascale and absolutely loving it, finally something enjoyable to do with Helo Ops, especially as im primarily a Huey troop/cargo pilot👍

Just a quick question regarding troop pick up zones and smoke. Tried the first Caucasus mission from Batumi using default settings and wondered if there was only the one troop pickup zone there as capturing Alpha and Bravo I had to go all the way back each time? Is this set somewhere so there are more pickup zones or can you pick up already deployed troops?

Wookie

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 3600XT@4.4GHz+ || MSI B450 Tomahawk Max || MSI RTX 2060 Gaming Z || 32GB Corsair Vengance DDR4 RAM@3200 || 32" Monitor || Win 10 Home || TM Warthog HOTAS || Logitech ProFlight Pedals || TrackHat Clip || Rift S

Modules: A-10C & A-10C II || KA-50 2 & 3 || FC3 || CA || UH-1H || AV-8B || L-39 || F-86F || F-5 II || Mi-8 || M-2000C || F/A-18 || SA-342 || Super Carrier || F-14A/B || AH-64D

Maps: Caucasus || NTTR || Persian Gulf || Marianas || Syria

@EcosseFlyer Hey, this is actually a setting, and admittedly it isn't clear.  The 'APCs Spawn Troops' option will disable troop pickups from defeated conflict zones.  The idea is that you have to pick up troops that are already in the zone, rather than spawning new ones with the CTLD menu.  In the next version this option will be called 'Dynamic Troops'.

• Thanks 1

You can pickup troops that you dropped off (or spawned from APCs) so you don't have to go all the way back to Batumi.  

image.png

I had to get the information from Grimm on his discord as I thought F1. was unloading or "extracting" troops from the Huey.  No, it means unload from the Huey or extract from the AO.

Edited by Mistermann
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

@GrimmJust wanted to take a moment and say thank you for this.  It as become my go to for mission generation over the past couple of weeks.

It's very simple to use and editing the mission, while a little time consuming, is simple to do.

Thanks again for your efforts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Baaz said:

@GrimmJust wanted to take a moment and say thank you for this.  It as become my go to for mission generation over the past couple of weeks.

It's very simple to use and editing the mission, while a little time consuming, is simple to do.

Thanks again for your efforts.

Amen!  There's a ton of work that went into this.  I love it.  @Grimm, I echo @Baaz here as well.

• Like 1

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

Hey thanks. Just downloaded. Would be great to have the option of having the generated missions automatically go into a directory of choice such as

...\User\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Missions

I have other missions generated by Liberation and Briefing Room and they are all there in one convenient place. Is there a 'config' file I could edit to change the default output directory? 

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

A shiny new update for RotorOps is available!  This includes a new auto updater.  Download v1.1 here (click the beta link):  https://dcs-helicopters.com/download/

Changelog:

-New installer and updater
-Multiplayer slots now with all DCS helicopters, any selection and quantity
-Hot start option
-Forces now unified
-Selectable output directory
-User created missions now available, with screenshots and rating system
-Improvements to parking and player slots
-Many UI improvements like statusbar text color, button hover state, wait cursor, etc.
-Mission filters now active in menubar
-Player loadouts miz that you can customize with loadout, liveries, and fuel levels to be the default for player helicopters

For mission designers:

-New easy to use scenario config file for control over generator options
-Script: Multiple staging areas now possible
-Script: New lua predicate functions for player altitude and players in triggerzones
-Script: new function tallyZone for adding attacking units to the battle at any time

RotorOps%20v1%20UI.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1