Why radar cursor switch has so big dead zone on MAV page?

I have radar cursor switch mapped to axis (modded Slew Control on Warthog Throttle) and it works perfectly on FCR, HSD and TGP pages. On MAV page however, slewing maverick seeker is a nightmare. The dead zone is so big I need to move the mini joystick half way through its movement range to make maverick cursor start moving. Also sensitivity is too high and when the seeker starts moving it's difficult to control it and make small adjustments. Does anyone else have this problem or it's just me?

Is Radar Cursor Switch in real Viper a mini joystick or a hat switch? If the latter I will remap it to Coolie Switch.

i9 9700K @5.0GHz; 2080 Ti, 32GB RAM. Reverb G2; TM Warthog on VPC WarBRD Base, MFG Crosswind V3

On 1/10/2022 at 1:12 AM, Marklar said:

s Radar Cursor Switch in real Viper a mini joystick or a hat switch?

Its a force sensing mini-stick.

• Thanks 1

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

On 1/10/2022 at 1:12 AM, Marklar said:

I have radar cursor switch mapped to axis (modded Slew Control on Warthog Throttle) and it works perfectly on FCR, HSD and TGP pages. On MAV page however, slewing maverick seeker is a nightmare. The dead zone is so big I need to move the mini joystick half way through its movement range to make maverick cursor start moving. Also sensitivity is too high and when the seeker starts moving it's difficult to control it and make small adjustments. Does anyone else have this problem or it's just me?

Is Radar Cursor Switch in real Viper a mini joystick or a hat switch? If the latter I will remap it to Coolie Switch.

Interesting, for me (VKB MCG Pro), I don't have much of an issue with the MAV page, but I do have an issue with the HARM WPN page, A/G FCR modes, HAD page, HSD page and HUD.

The cursor seems to move in a very rapid though also inconsistent way, leading to it being very twitchy and jumping around whatever display is my SOI, making acquisition much more difficult than it probably should be.

On 1/11/2022 at 2:27 AM, Deano87 said:

Its a force sensing mini-stick.

Could it be that Marklar's problem is due to them simulating the breakout force for the cursor switch, acting as a deadzone? They do this for the stick as well AFAIK, though it doesn't make a lot of sense for hardware that works on displacement, not force.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 2 weeks later...

I do have a similar issue with the TGP and the MAV slewing.

I'm using my T.16000M throttle analog stick, and I tried different combinations, last test was with a fine tuning of ~45-50 on the saturation for both axes... no point.

It's seriously so nerve breaking that it pretty much renders the MAV useless to me 😞

I wish there was a way to assign the mouse x/y for that.

• 3 months later...

The same now on F16 Orion 2 WinWing throttle. Mavs are unmanagable when using mini-joystick. HSD, FCR, TGP are perfect.
I've noticed cool thing on TGP, the bigger the zoom, the slower it moves around. That's smart. 

System spec: Windows 10 Pro / i7-12700K / 3080Ti / 64GB / m2 SSD / Orion F16 Throttle / TM Warthog Stick / TPR Rudders / JetSeat / Reverb G2.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...