Is the mossie an ent

Gunfreak

10 minutes ago, grafspee said:

It's is not made of 100% wood so no, it is not an ent

Ah, but are they?

A-hem. And I quote...

"At any rate the arms, at a short distance from the trunk, were not wrinkled, but covered with a brown smooth skin. The large feet had seven toes each. The lower part of the long face was covered with a sweeping grey beard, bushy, almost twiggy at the roots, thin and mossy at the ends. But at the moment the hobbits noted little but the eyes. These deep eyes were now surveying them, slow and solemn, but very penetrating. They were brown, shot with a green light. 

In my deep research of this subject (30 sec google -foo) someone actually asked how ents reproduce---now theres a rabbithole if ever I saw one.

BTW - Ill be in all day to receive my "Pedant of year" award. 

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

44 minutes ago, cordite said:

My 30 seconds of googlefu still gets… ear, nose and throat.

Ah you missed the secret magic word

"Hobbit" !

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

On 1/10/2022 at 3:19 PM, Boosterdog said:

"… The lower part of the long face was covered with a sweeping grey beard, bushy, almost twiggy at the roots, thin and mossy at the ends. …”

There you have it. The Mossy is not an Ent - it just grown at the end of their beards.
I wonder how Geoffrey de Havilland was able to grab an Ent by its beard and cut a Mossy off of it.

Edited by Bozon
  • Like 2

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

5 minutes ago, Bozon said:

There you have it. The Mossy is not an Ent - it just grown at the end of their beards.
I wonder how Geoffrey de Havilland was able to grab an Ent by its beard and cut a Mossy off of it.

This is the thread that keeps on giving!!  🙂

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 1/10/2022 at 3:16 PM, peachmonkey said:

what a buncha nerds.. 😄

Indeed .. can't believe we have a thread dedicated to this subject 🙄

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 weeks later...