Gladiator NXT Premium Stick Control Bindings

dmwierz

Just acquired a new VKB Gladiator NXT Premium stick, and am using it with a modified TWCS throttle. I'm attempting to follow the configuration attached below for the F/A-18C, to use as a starting point, but DCS doesn't allow me to map anything to the mini-joystick at the upper left of the stick. 

This has to be something simple that's just eluding me.

Help?

Plus, on the off chance somebody may already have to file for this schema, can you share it, and same me a bunch of time? Thanks.

FA-18C.png

i9-9900K @5.1Ghz w/ 32GB RAM, RTX2080 Super w/ 8G, Samsung Odyssey VR HMD, 1 TB SSD, VKB Gladiator MKII, TM TWCS throttle, Saitek Pro Yoke, Saitek Throttle Quadrant x2, CH Pro Pedals, Obutto Ozone

I have the Gladiator K limited edition, which is basically the same stick with a different base and I can map that 8-way hat as my trim button no problem. It's what I use it for on all my planes. Have you tried running the VKB test software and checked that all your buttons are registering as inputs? Also make sure that the stick is properly tightened to the base. Sometimes the screw securing mine to the base has worked loose and I've lost all input. I doubt that's your problem though if all the other buttons are working. Sorry I can't be more help than that.

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2

On 1/12/2022 at 5:07 PM, Laidback said:

Maybe an axis?

I've thought of that, but if so, then what? The individual who published this configuration (whom I have been unsuccessful in reaching) looks to have solved this issue somehow. 

On 1/12/2022 at 8:37 PM, AlpineGTA said:

I have the Gladiator K limited edition, which is basically the same stick with a different base and I can map that 8-way hat as my trim button no problem. It's what I use it for on all my planes. Have you tried running the VKB test software and checked that all your buttons are registering as inputs? Also make sure that the stick is properly tightened to the base. Sometimes the screw securing mine to the base has worked loose and I've lost all input. I doubt that's your problem though if all the other buttons are working. Sorry I can't be more help than that.

This isn't an 8-way hat, it's a joystick. Maybe that's the issue, as @Laidback mentioned above, it might be seen as an axis within DCS. I believe I can downgrade to a hat switch, and maybe this is what I need to explore? 

Thanks.

i9-9900K @5.1Ghz w/ 32GB RAM, RTX2080 Super w/ 8G, Samsung Odyssey VR HMD, 1 TB SSD, VKB Gladiator MKII, TM TWCS throttle, Saitek Pro Yoke, Saitek Throttle Quadrant x2, CH Pro Pedals, Obutto Ozone

I used this option 

and I have this result

Screen_220116_203558.png

MAIN SYSTEM SPECS: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4, Intel Corei7-12700K @ 5.0, 64Gb RAM Kingston KF3600C18D4/16GX, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, VKB Gladiator NXT Evo, VKB T-Rudder MKIV, Quest 2, Quest Pro

BACKUP SYSTEM SPECS: Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH, i7 9750, RTX2060mobile 6GB, 32GB RAM Crucial DDR4-2666, 1TB Intel SSD NVMe

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11

Fellas, these links are very helpful. Thank you!

On 1/16/2022 at 12:37 PM, diamond26 said:

I used this option 

and I have this result

Screen_220116_203558.png

Ok. watched the video. Barely understand 1/4 of it. It would seem this isn't going to be as simple as I had hoped. Thanks, though.

3 hours ago, dmwierz said:

Fellas, these links are very helpful. Thank you!

Ok. watched the video. Barely understand 1/4 of it. It would seem this isn't going to be as simple as I had hoped. Thanks, though.

Just follow what it says at the point I share (Button V) It’s dead simple!

MAIN SYSTEM SPECS: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4, Intel Corei7-12700K @ 5.0, 64Gb RAM Kingston KF3600C18D4/16GX, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, VKB Gladiator NXT Evo, VKB T-Rudder MKIV, Quest 2, Quest Pro

BACKUP SYSTEM SPECS: Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH, i7 9750, RTX2060mobile 6GB, 32GB RAM Crucial DDR4-2666, 1TB Intel SSD NVMe

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11

• 1 month later...