INS Alignment lost after engine shutdown with Ground Power on

ChuckJäger

Noticed this, not sure if this is intended but if it is, it’d be the first aircraft I’ve ever encountered (former military) that did this….

I did a flight, applied ground power and shut down - upon restart my INS was no longer aligned, so I did a stored HDG alignment and the aircraft showed aligned, but was not once I departed. 

Not sure if I’m doing something wrong or not - but I don’t think the Aircraft Alignment should’ve been dropped with a constant source of electrical power and everything powered up still.

This was on a multiplayer server in PG map.  Khasab AB.  

Edited by ChuckJäger

VFA-113 | Stinger 307 | "Hank"

USN OEF OIF Veteran

i7-8700K OC'd 4800ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC'd | 32gb RAM | 2.5TB SSD | Odyssey + | TM Warthog HOTAS |

• ED Team

Please make a short track replay we will need to investigate and look for any evidence. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

13 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Please make a short track replay we will need to investigate and look for any evidence. 

thanks

There you go.

It is like this since Viper Day 1.
Very annoying when you have to repair after a fight or mishap during landing and you have to realign the INS all the time and not even Stored Heading will work.
Same behavior when you do a cold start or whatever else you can do to join the seat.

INS power fail.trk

• Like 1