Is there any plan to update the manual?

Well, a final version is usually not labeled "Release Candidate 2", at least not forever :music_whistling:

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

On 1/11/2022 at 10:44 AM, Machalot said:

If you know of specific issues with the manual please post them, and we will submit official reports to HB.

no any specific issue.

I'm translating the manual to chinese with another guy. So I just want to check if the final version is far away. If the final version changes a lot compare to the RC2 version. We may have to rework a lot of things.

Anyway, we just finished the canopy section on p216. Just half away the work.

Actually, doing translation is a good way to really READ the manual, I found I missed a lot of thing before.

• 4 months later...

Hello HB!

Can we expect the RC2 manual updated (maybe to RC3) someday in the nearer future?

Thanks and kind regards,
TOViper

• Like 1

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

On 1/18/2022 at 1:38 AM, IDontLikeBigbrother said:

Actually, doing translation is a good way to really READ the manual, I found I missed a lot of thing before.

I agree ... I don't translate it, but I write a really comprehensive abstract .. and then complement it with information bits collected from the forum, YT and my own flight experience with the aircraft. It really helps to know the aircraft inside-out. 👍

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

On 6/16/2022 at 6:45 PM, TOViper said:

Hello HB!

Can we expect the RC2 manual updated (maybe to RC3) someday in the nearer future?

Thanks and kind regards,
TOViper

Any specifics you know need updating?

I'd say generally speaking the DCS manual is more accurate than the module itself, which is interesting. Large parts of what I've read (granted it's not very much) is just translated straight from the SWAF ones.

Edited by MYSE1234
  • Like 2

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

I remember a topic which collected all typos and weaknesses of RC2, but unfortunately I cannot find this thread anymore  :dunno:
It was a list, for which many users posted errors and suggestions for improvements.

edit: I just found it (I was in the Bugs & Problems forum, had to go one level up):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RJvnDXj52l8zWASNFfQkbaklSNIJ4eVKDOSnGeajsUE/edit?usp=sharing

edit: Apart from all, my question remains.

Edited by TOViper
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1