IR Pointer on TGP

Mirage2425

• ED Team

Hi, 

we have a guide in our manual I will attach the pages here to help

viper tgp.png
viper tgp2.png

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Does the F-16 TGP no longer have a laser pointer visible in NVGs? 

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

4 hours ago, Deano87 said:

Does the F-16 TGP no longer have a laser pointer visible in NVGs? 

Yes, it does not have the IR pointer anymore.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

21 minutes ago, QuiGon said:

Yes, it does not have the IR pointer anymore.

Damn 😕

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

17 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, 

we have a guide in our manual I will attach the pages here to help

viper tgp.png
viper tgp2.png

I'm aware of this.  What I'm referring to is the IR pointer, which is used to mark targets on the ground.  This pointer can only be seen with NVG's.  Does your sources say that the IR pointer isn't on the F16 when the F/A-18, which carries the same TGP, does?

Edited by Mirage2425

8 hours ago, Mirage2425 said:

Does your sources say that the IR pointer isn't on the F16 when the F/A-18, which carries the same TGP, does?

I'm wondering about this as well.

Maybe it's because F-16s IRL rather carry the Sniper pod than the Lightning pod and maybe the Sniper doesn't have this feature?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg