F35 Lightening II Development?

gratters

Definitely not happening in DCS. MSFS has zero standards of accuracy or fidelity - whatever the developer puts out there works in the game. In DCS, Eagle Dynamics must sign off with the 3rd party developer and uphold their standards of quality. In the case of the F-35, so much of the flight model, avionics, and sensors are classified that it would be a much higher bar to meet. In MSFS, these things can be approximated or guessed at, but Eagle Dynamics has higher standards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

On 1/12/2022 at 3:33 PM, gratters said:

Hi,

May apologies if this has been covered elsewhere in the forum.

I have seen some You Tube clips of IFE’s outstanding MS FlightSim F35 and I was wondering if the F35 will be developed for use in DCS?

Andy

While their F-35 is great (I remember its previous incarnation in the preceding simulator), but apart from a primary flight displays, nothing we would need was functional (nor could it be):

• No sensors (be it RADAR, DAS, EOTS or ESM), all of these are going to be classified to the moon and back, and DCS currently doesn't do phased array RADARs (and so far only has a few mechanically scanned arrays modelled to high fidelity).
  • No electronic warfare suite
  • No weapons
  • No datalink
  • No damage model

What it did have was pretty good though:

• Brilliant external model and cockpit
  • Accurate looking avionics and pages

Not familiar with how well MSFS does flight dynamics, so can't really speak about anything there, but it almost certainly didn't have any primary literature behind it.

Also, to be honest, we don't have any peer assets suitable for it (either BLUFOR or REDFOR) and it would therefore, IMO, be a very bad fit for DCS as it currently stands.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 4 months later...

A few years ago we were told no we won't have the F-16 or the F-18 or even a CARRIER and now we have them.... LoL

Eventually like in MSFS we will have a materialization of the F-35, so time is the essence  - the wait is the pain in sims!

Mean while check - out VIPERWINGS F-35 HOME COCKPIT BUILD  here - http://www.viperwing.com/

VIPERWING MSFS YOUTUBE DEMO

REAL LIFE COMPARISON DEMONSTRATION

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

41 minutes ago, WRAITH said:

Okay, Thanks.. Well regardless its coming ... to DCS 😉🤞

+ 1.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

On 5/20/2022 at 12:41 PM, WRAITH said:

A few years ago we were told no we won't have the F-16 or the F-18 or even a CARRIER and now we have them.... LoL

Sorry, MEGALOL :biggrin:. By 2010 when A-10C happened we already knew Hornet was meant to be the next jet to be released. It wasn't that easy, DCSW and so many things happened either in between, but it was promised and we finally got it. I wouldn't know what the heck you mean by "a few years ago we were told random BS". Maybe you were told, I wasn't, and I was here those few years ago and many more before 😅 . You're welcome :thumbup:.

P.S.: which doesn't mean F-35 in DCS is so stupid and impossible at the time, but I don't think, even if we see it anytime "soon", it could be more than a nice arcade placeholder. Legacy Hornet, and Viper, on the other hand are both at the end of their service life and makes sense we can have them.

• Thanks 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• 9 months later...

I’d be very interested in a simplified avionics “Lock On” F35. I’m not sure if there’s even enough information in the public domain to make something vaguely credible though?

Fast jets are just so much better in DCS. Even a “Lock On” F-35B and QE carrier would be fantastic.