Will Ugra Media introduce planes to DCS?

KomandorAdam

On the IL-2 website, Sturmovik states that Ugra Media is preparing planes for their simulation, and these will be Siemens & Schuckert D.IV, Sopwith Snipe, C-47A and Li-2. I have a question: is there a chance that we will get these machines into the DCS world?

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/68018-jasons-briefing-room-and-officers-club/#comment-1157233

I highly doubt it, at least right now. The competence aircraft are really simple and easy to make, a kind of "empty" 3D model vault with a few things scripted. DCS is well beyond that since many, many time ago. And we all want to keep it like that since the highly detailed modules we enjoy require that other professional approach and would be impossible to make them like that otherwise.

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar
  • Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

12 hours ago, KomandorAdam said:

On the IL-2 website, Sturmovik states that Ugra Media is preparing planes for their simulation, and these will be Siemens & Schuckert D.IV, Sopwith Snipe, C-47A and Li-2. I have a question: is there a chance that we will get these machines into the DCS world?

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/68018-jasons-briefing-room-and-officers-club/#comment-1157233

We did get a C-47 in the last major patch.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.