This is how you outrate any jet in a viper

karasawa

Another thing to be wary of I think is that the simpilot can go around dogfighting the jets completely clean. This basically never happens IRL and you'd at least have pylons. Add those massive chunky wing pylons on the F/A-18 and I think it loses a lot more than the F-16 does. I haven't tested it yet, but that's my feeling of the situation anyhow.

I was watching something, maybe FPP where they did some fully slick trials pitting the F/A-18 and F-16 against each other. Apparently in that state, I think the quote was that fully slick the Hornet is 'an impressive aircraft' and 'acquitted itself very well', and this was before the EPE Hornets were a thing.

Additionally, the use of a hard deck will keep the F/A-18 from being at very low altitude where it seems to be tuned to perform best (carrier suitability I guess) and the F-16 will gain that advantage in actual service, generally speaking. We might be minmaxing it too much perhaps?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RentedAndDented said:

Another thing to be wary of I think is that the simpilot can go around dogfighting the jets completely clean. This basically never happens IRL and you'd at least have pylons. Add those massive chunky wing pylons on the F/A-18 and I think it loses a lot more than the F-16 does. I haven't tested it yet, but that's my feeling of the situation anyhow.

Nope. F-18 with pylons still outrates F-16 with pylons in all speed ranges by a lot. Altitude is about 3000ft since the person who did ths test only tested at 3000ft for 16 and 18 with pylons, but I don't think going down on the deck will make a big difference since 3000ft is not high. https://dcs.silver.ru/76,73,IAS_kts,zoom,lbs,turnrate

25f8d4bcaf365da51e7a4e6254fb417.png

On 1/16/2022 at 10:40 PM, SCPanda said:

Not really... https://dcs.silver.ru/77-822,72-815,71-1701,IAS_kts,zoom,lbs,turnrate

Both JF-17 and F-18 can outrate the a low fuel F-16 at low altitude even if the Jeff and the Hornet have more than 10% fuel than the Viper. As the graph shows, F-16 has no rate advantage in all speed ranges. 

image.png

What is this program, how do you use it,.........and where the hell has it been all my life?!?!?

DCS Open Beta, I9-10900K(5.1 OC), Asus Z490 Maximus Hero XII, EVGA FTW3 2080TI, 32 GB, TM Wathog Throttle and Stick (Virpil base), Valve Index VR

38 minutes ago, serpent64 said:

What is this program, how do you use it,.........and where the hell has it been all my life?!?!?

Click on the link just above the pic.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

11 hours ago, serpent64 said:

There is link in my post. It's not a program but a website. 

The website is https://dcs.silver.ru/

The tests are done by a Russian DCS player. He also did DCS vs real EM diagram comparison for some jets like the F-16. 

Edited by SCPanda

24 minutes ago, SCPanda said:

There is link in my post. It's not a program but a website. 

The website is https://dcs.silver.ru/

The tests are done by a Russian DCS player. He also did DCS vs real EM diagram comparison for some jets like the F-16. 

Should be noted that some of his results are unachieveable, and are not based on ingame infobar readings. Most of it appears to be tacview data.

Edited by Hummingbird

On 1/28/2022 at 12:40 AM, SCPanda said:

Nope. F-18 with pylons still outrates F-16 with pylons in all speed ranges by a lot. Altitude is about 3000ft since the person who did ths test only tested at 3000ft for 16 and 18 with pylons, but I don't think going down on the deck will make a big difference since 3000ft is not high. https://dcs.silver.ru/76,73,IAS_kts,zoom,lbs,turnrate

25f8d4bcaf365da51e7a4e6254fb417.png

keep going up in speed however and altitude the F-18 will start losing its advantage since it was designed for more lift at sea level due to carrier ops. take the 18 up and get fast you will be able to get inside his turn radius and you might be able to outrate him somewhere near 460 knots since past that the 18s performance drops and the 16 reaches its max potential. I think we might also have to blame the flight model right now because the 16 should have decently better rates  anywhere from 1-2 degrees than the current flight model. Im excited to see the new one when they start fixing it more a little more AOA tuning should also help the viper.

:joystick: oops

Modules I own: F-16CM, F/A-18C Lot 20, Supercarrier, Persian Gulf, FC3<bleh