How to open the periscope?

loscsaba86

• 3 months later...

It's not "open", or close, it's just mirror abled or disabled the same as any other module, mostly for FPS saving purposes. In other modules it's M key, in MiG-21 I'm not sure since many "obvious" bindings in any other module aren't the same in MiG-21, and since I've it always active I can't remember the key 😅 .

3 hours ago, Eisprinzessin said:

Weird, i can not bin "M" to any of my sticks? My problem or known issue?

Haven't heard of that issue, but sometimes it happens whenever you have older bindings in use while newer bindings appeared. The only solution I know for that is deleting your bindings and starting from scratch again using the new bindings in the module so luckily it would work again.

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Mirror toggling only works if enabled in options. Mirror rendering can only be disabled in cockpit if enabled. If option is disabled it is not possible to enable by key stroke.

In real plane the mirror moves in fixed housing.

Thats really strange. Uninstalled the Module completely and tried to set up the config from scratch, but i can not map "Toggle Mirrors" M on any stick. I duble click, but nothing happens. Every other option is working as usual...

Specs:
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K   3.20 GHz,  RAM 128 GB, Win11 Home, RTX3080Ti

But config isn't erased only uninstalling the module, some files might be kept in the saved games folder. Usually install/uninstall doesn't mess with that folder at all. I mean, it can happen, not that weird.

If you "delete" files from saved games (MiG-21 ones at least) don't just erase it, rename, save it somewhere else, just in case you need it.

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

5 hours ago, Eisprinzessin said:

Thats really strange. Uninstalled the Module completely and tried to set up the config from scratch, but i can not map "Toggle Mirrors" M on any stick. I duble click, but nothing happens. Every other option is working as usual...

I'm the same way. I think it's missing from the joystick\default.lua file but exists in keyboard\default.lua.

Oh look at that, top of the file:

--/N/ added 31.01.2015.
{combos={{key='M'}},down=iCommandToggleMirrors,name=_('Toggle Mirror'),category=_('View')},
{combos={{key='B',reformers = {'LAlt'}}},down = iCommandViewBriefing,name=_('View briefing on/off'),category = _('General')},

Search joystick\default.lua for "iCommandToggleMirrors" none found. Yup, they never added it. You can add it manually if you want so you can bind joystick to mirror toggling.

Wow...okay, nice find.

Works perfect. Thanks.

BTW: Same Problem in the Viggen with the "Toggle Pilot" funcion.

Edited by Eisprinzessin

Specs:
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K   3.20 GHz,  RAM 128 GB, Win11 Home, RTX3080Ti

• 1 month later...