Starting VAICOM keyword training in the control panel does not start the MS speech training window

GeneralDynamics

Hi all,

I need to do keyword training, but pulling up the Editor page in the control panel and clicking on the microphone icon does not start the little MS voice recognition window with the blue microphone button. Instead, it starts this:

image.png

I've already been here and set up my mic, and I have no idea why starting keyword training pulls up this window again instead of the MS voice recognition window.

Windows 10:  Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044

VAICOM:        2.5.26.4

Any help would be appreciated, because I absolutely CANNOT make the speech engine recognize "Kutaisi" otherwise.

Thank you!

Edited by GeneralDynamics

System Specs:

Win 10 x64 Pro, ASUS Maximus X Formula, i9-9900K @ 4.7 GHz, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 MHz, NZXT Kraken X73 AIO Cooler, Titan X Pascal GPU, EVGA Supernova 1000W P2 PSU, C: 1TB Samsung 960 Pro m.2 PCIe SSD, D: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SATA SSD, HT Omega Claro PCIe 7.1 Sound, Denon AVR-1709 7.1 Receiver, 46" Sharp Aquos Quattron Main Screen, 27" Acer T272HL TouchScreen + Helios, TrackIR 5, ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog, Crosswinds pedals, SimShaker

• GeneralDynamics changed the title to Starting VAICOM keyword training in the control panel does not start the MS speech training window

Wild guess. New Windows installation/refresh/reset that resat your MS Speech Recognition settings? At least it seems you need to re-configure MS Speech. Try to go through the MS Speech setup once more 

From my own experience doing the MS Speech training multiple times works, (yeah, I know it's s boring and tedious...), much better than the individual keywords training. 

Cheers! 

On 1/14/2022 at 2:43 AM, MAXsenna said:

Wild guess. New Windows installation/refresh/reset that resat your MS Speech Recognition settings? At least it seems you need to re-configure MS Speech. Try to go through the MS Speech setup once more 

From my own experience doing the MS Speech training multiple times works, (yeah, I know it's s boring and tedious...), much better than the individual keywords training. 

Cheers! 

Hey MAXsenna, after reading your suggestion I pulled up speech settings and saw that speech recognition wasn't turned on. I started it and followed the prompts to the end, and that resolved the issue. This did indeed occur after a clean reinstall of Windows. Thank you!

• Like 1

System Specs:

Win 10 x64 Pro, ASUS Maximus X Formula, i9-9900K @ 4.7 GHz, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 MHz, NZXT Kraken X73 AIO Cooler, Titan X Pascal GPU, EVGA Supernova 1000W P2 PSU, C: 1TB Samsung 960 Pro m.2 PCIe SSD, D: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SATA SSD, HT Omega Claro PCIe 7.1 Sound, Denon AVR-1709 7.1 Receiver, 46" Sharp Aquos Quattron Main Screen, 27" Acer T272HL TouchScreen + Helios, TrackIR 5, ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog, Crosswinds pedals, SimShaker