Campaigns/Mission Wishlist

wowbagger

Would it be useful to have a thread where people can dump wishlist ideas specifically for campaign and mission design; a depot of ideas, preferences, likes, and dislikes?
(I wasn't able to find one in the other sub-forums)

I would recommend:

- No discussion of actual campaigns Please don't call out a particular campaign for something that did not work very well, simply discuss the issue without reference to the campaign. Hopefully the moderators would remove any such posts.

- No posting bugs.

- No discussion of other people's suggestions - it makes the thread difficult to read and become quickly useless - just use the like button, or post "I also (dis)like this thing for this reason".

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

• 2 months later...

Camping for Mi-24. Ukrainian pilots in Georgia.
Some historical background - Ukrainian helicopters rescued 7000+ Georgian refugees in 1993 during first Russian attack on Georgia.
There were Mi-8 in 1993.
Campaign can be in 2008+. Pair of Mi-24 help Mi-8 in Georgia again....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My strong preference is for campaigns which let you decide if a mission was successful or not. Making it back to base/friendly territory alive should be enough to continue the campaign.

Having to destroy/kill every single soldier, or activate some hidden flag in order to be able to continue the campaign is frustrating and off putting (especially given some of DCS's limitations). I can tell if the result was what would be considered successful in the real world, or whether I royally messed up the mission and should re-fly it.

Missions which pop up a message saying "YOU DIDN'T GET PROPER ATC CLEARANCE - MISSION FAILED!" or similar will have me instantly uninstalling the thing.

Edited by wowbagger

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2