Petrovich identify friend or foe

Mr_Blastman

Are there any plans for Petrovich giving more details of what he sees through his scope such as...

1) That is a good guy, dumbass!  Don't shoot at him!

2) That's a filthy blue tank, waste it.

To me, it would make sense that he would at least be able to discern what vehicle he is looking at and if it is friendly/enemy, and even give the exact name of the vehicle.  Currently he does not.

• Like 1

I really wish they would add more functionality to Petro in the future. I had Petro look at possible targets over at Engima's Cold War server and gave Petro the fire at will order. Well he opened fire and killed a friendly tank.
While closing in on the target you should get additional info e.g. 10 km out it's a tank, 6 km out it's a T-55 and 5 km out it's a friendly unit.
In most scenarios the second step would be enough to decide between friend or foe.

But I’m sure ED’s delay is how to implant this realistically. If he just knows like the IFF system, then that could be very unrealistic, friendly fire with the Raduga was an issue in real life needing to often get close to really tell. 

It probably could tell if the enemy exclusively used a certain unit and livery, but that’s not every scenario in DCS especially if you are realistically trying to create a paint Soviet Union scenario where many NATO aligned countries may have Soviet equipment, thus relying only on liveries.

I like the afore mentioned “Petro needs to be close enough to tell based on the same target size contrast and background criteria used for spotting” but that it NEEDS to be selectable in the mission editor. So the mission creator can create a scenario where both sides use visually differentiates units, or as a gameplay element need the player to know where the enemies and friendlies are and make choices wisely. I really hope if implemented it’s selectable by mission editor 

• Like 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg