New campaign for beginner

steve_giraffe

Hi

i’ve been away from DCS for a while and want to make a comeback!

I have the F18 and also Persian Gulf maps.

Which campaign or missions (other than tutorials) would you recommend for a beginner, someone having to remember and relearn stuff again which isn’t too SAM defence heavy so I can get in the swing of things again.

Thanks in advance

You can try my free 'Serpent's Head' campaign. One version is in Nevada and the Caucasus, the other just in the Caucasus if you do not own the Nevada map. Each is with or without Supercarrier options, if you have the SC module. This campaign uses emulated voices only. Links below. 

If you like it then the follow up campaigns , 'Serpent's Head 2' and 'Rise of the Persian Lion' are available from the DCS shop.  There is a continuous story line between all three campaigns. You will also find your knowledge and skill will grow as they progress. These later campaigns are fully voiced by actors and have the option of easy air to air refuel. 

Hope this helps

Badger633

https://www.facebook.com/Badger633Campaigns

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0P96DfSy1MxqgPLpI6wm1w

The Serpent's Head F/A-18C Campaign. (Nevada & Caucasus) now including optional SUPERCARRIER version. Updated to DCS 2.7 Sept 21. Badger633. (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

The Serpent's Head F/A-18C Campaign ( Reduced version for Caucasus Map Only) now including optional SUPERCARRIER version. Updated to DCS 2.7 Sept 21. Badger633. (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

Edited by Badger633
  • Like 7

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Yeah Badgers original Serpents Head campaign is great for a first campaign.

Then afterwards Serpents Head 2 , followed by Rise of the Persian Lion. All are great.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 1 month later...

Don't neglect single missions. I have been downloading them from the user files. Some I haven't cared for but most are fine. They usually give a pretty good description of what the mission is, what map it is on, what skills you need, etc so you have some idea before downloading. One thing I like is, since they are a much smaller file than a campaign, many come as a miz file so you just move them from your download folder to the mission folder. That is way easier for me than having to extract zipped files.

• 1 month later...