Visible before (late) activation for planes

RWC

Hi developers,

Is it possible to add the 'visible before activation' to late activated planes/AI on the ground ? See it there for all ground vehicles. This will be great while editing a mission to see the supporting planes already parked instead of popping up suddenly.

Thanks in advance

RWC

+1, I swear it used to be there.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

You can set them to Uncontrolled to have them visible already, and add a trigger to the aircraft group to start them.
Then have them start with a general trigger.

I cannot check now, but at least that used to be the way I do it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

52 minutes ago, Mud said:

You can set them to Uncontrolled to have them visible already, and add a trigger to the aircraft group to start them.
Then have them start with a general trigger.

I cannot check now, but at least that used to be the way I do it.

Yep, you can do that, and it's functionally identical.

Simply check 'uncontrolled' (aircraft must be set to take off from parking/ground), then in 'triggered actions' -> 'perform command' -> 'Start'

Then in the triggers, you need to set one up (type and conditions are up to you), but in action use 'AI task push' or 'AI task set' and select the triggered start action.

• Thanks 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

1 hour ago, RWC said:

This is exactly why it is easier for all of us to just have the mark box added by the programmers and be done with it instead of having to take all these steps , right ?

Correct, but then again I have no idea how easy or complex it would be for them to implement this.
I would love for instance, to have the ability to do the same with Client slots on a server: Have the airplanes visible on the ramp, before a client actually occupies them.

• Like 1
Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index