DCS: Cow Slingloading Petition, 1K signs

RokoG1911

Cow slingloading, NineLine  

493 members have voted

1. 1. Cow slingloading in DCS

• Yes, I want cow slingloading
    • No, terrible idea

8 hours ago, Dangerzone said:

Hmm... you do realise what this will create.

If we have cow slingloading... people will be asking for elephants to be modelled in the game next. 😄

Edit: My only question - do we even have 10K active members on this forum? Nineline may have sent you on a wild goose chase. 😉

I asked him yesterday if he can lower it to 1K

• Like 2

6 hours ago, VFA41_Lion said:

yes of course developer time should be spent on slinging cows. nothing else could possibly be higher on the "do this first" list.

No one said this has to be done first.

2 hours ago, ghashpl said:

a lot of things are not-working/broken/broken-again/going to be broken
new modules are in EA
old modules are in EA
promises that are not (yet) fullfiled

but yes - we need flying cows

guys... like... come on... ask yourself what is priority in this game

No one said this is a priority.

• Like 2

2920X | 128GB 3200MHz CL14 | RTX 2070 | Gentoo/Win10
Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind v3 | TrackIR 5/VIVE Pro
Sparkle | Δ/DSM | DEAD/STRIKE/CSAR

steam.png nootshell | discord.png nootshell#9001

1 hour ago, ghashpl said:

if I want to be rude I would say "your age"
I get the meme, I know it's somewhat funny - but how many times you put/interact/see cows on servers/missions
there are tons of more important stuff

it would be useful on SAR server

• Like 1

Joking aside, this would open the doors to a lot more logistics operations where we can slingload statics/units as well. Not only do I desperately want to slingload cows, I also want to slingload humvees and whatnot. Although when it comes to slingloading things, cattle obviously has a priority.

Edited by nootshell
  • Like 1

2920X | 128GB 3200MHz CL14 | RTX 2070 | Gentoo/Win10
Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind v3 | TrackIR 5/VIVE Pro
Sparkle | Δ/DSM | DEAD/STRIKE/CSAR

steam.png nootshell | discord.png nootshell#9001

Sling loading cows is just lame - if used in asymmetric warfare, a dozen of very slim locals will cling onto the cow and EAT IT! Not only will the attack be ineffective, it's gonna be counterproductive. Useless, lame, no!
The proper way for cow combat employment was established long ago by the French, in England (a century before the Norman Conquest, it's a complicated story)... apparently together with film making, so we have a video footage from around AD 962. Young folks may not know it, so I provided the link below. Hence a reasonable poll should ask: "Can we have a catapult unit in Combined Arms?". Someone has to come up with some "pipper depression" tables for cows, though.

• Like 3

i7-8700K 32GB 2060(6GB) 27"@1080p TM Hawg HOTAS TPR TIR5 SD-XL 2xSD+ HC Bravo button/pot box

I think that the Cow needs flying goggles, leather helmet and a silk scarf.

Edit: I am looking at the post by Kinkkujuustovoileipä, and the theme music is ride of the Valkyries.

Just imagine a whole squadron of Helicopters with Cows popping over a hill flying at you with the music.  I bet the mission builder guys cant wait.

Edited by NoCoolName66
  • Like 2

OK, we can take the cow sling further.  We can use the cows' urine to create urea.  The urea can be spread on the flight lines, taxiways, and runways when they are covered in snow and ice.  Urea is not corrosive to the aircraft.  When ED (or the designated 3rd party vendor) has time, then they can create a new mod to make money.  Specifically, they create urea spreaders, along with snow removal equipment, on the flight line.

You know what. If this would help DCS out - I'd be willing to spend $5 for a DCS Cow Slinging mod. Could be a nice fun way to raise a little bit of capital for further development to the base engine. (Many may not - I dunno if it's a good idea or not - just sayin it's a possibility if it would help). If simple little mods like this coudl be a fun revenue raiser for DCS to help finance further development such as VR performance increases, etc.

Edited by Dangerzone

27 minutes ago, Dangerzone said:

You know what. If this would help DCS out - I'd be willing to spend $5 for a DCS Cow Slinging mod. Could be a nice fun way to raise a little bit of capital for further development to the base engine. (Many may not - I dunno if it's a good idea or not - just sayin it's a possibility if it would help). If simple little mods like this coudl be a fun revenue raiser for DCS to help finance further development such as VR performance increases, etc.

No micro-transactions please.

17 hours ago, ghashpl said:

a lot of things are not-working/broken/broken-again/going to be broken
new modules are in EA
old modules are in EA
promises that are not (yet) fullfiled

but yes - we need flying cows

guys... like... come on... ask yourself what is priority in this game

Sling loading is already implemented though, we just need the same parameters for cows. Lighten up a bit there fella!

• Like 3

I want dairy cows that squirt milk when they moo while slingloaded. The udders better be aimable so I can deliver relief from brittle bone syndrome.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

On 1/21/2022 at 12:51 AM, durka-durka said:

42 people eat more chicken.

48 people are lacking some sense of humor 😬

Uh oh... flak incoming!
*Sirrah ducks for cover*

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH