Varjo Aero: Opinion

Brainfreeze

VR Flight Sim Guy discusses distortion in the Aero:

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

40 minutes ago, beats said:

Could just be me but I reckon that Aero IS NOT working correctly with DCS and will reqiure a manufacturers patch to get rid of the distortions AND fishbowel effect thing that going on. 

Aero works gr8 for me with DCS.  I am also getting used to its ergonomics so becoming more comfortable with time

Edited by Brainfreeze
  • Like 1

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

Nothing has changed on my end, still showing delayed with a clearance hold.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

On 1/22/2022 at 4:50 PM, dburne said:

Nothing has changed on my end, still showing delayed with a clearance hold.

I called FedEx again to check on the clearance status of my Aero. They had not process my CBP 5106 form over the weekend since I did it on Fri night, but the operator just did that on the fly and said there shouldn’t be any problem now. 

• Like 1

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

FedEx just updated my delivery status to tomorrow.  Hopefully the 2nd batch of US shipment doesn’t run into this delay issue, although it’s only a day late so can’t really complain. 

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

So I contacted both Fed Ex and Varjo this morning, was sent form 5106 and told I need to fill out and return, which I have done.

Will see if this gets my headset out of Fed Ex hell.

Don B

Expensive imported items from China tend to get flagged I guess.  Of course the price would’ve been much higher if these were made in Euro.

3 hours ago, dburne said:

So I contacted both Fed Ex and Varjo this morning, was sent form 5106 and told I need to fill out and return, which I have done.

Will see if this gets my headset out of Fed Ex hell.

hi, dburne, did anyone notify you there was an outstanding customs issue that needed to be addressed? I feel l would need to do the same...

3 hours ago, peachmonkey said:

hi, dburne, did anyone notify you there was an outstanding customs issue that needed to be addressed? I feel l would need to do the same...

Nope they only told me after I started contacting them.

Mine still showing in Fed Ex purgatory - I am about ready to to tell Varjo where they can shove this thing.

• Like 1

Don B

3 hours ago, dburne said:

Nope they only told me after I started contacting them.

Mine still showing in Fed Ex purgatory - I am about ready to to tell Varjo where they can shove this thing.

This is so confusing, I wonder why yours got tagged and mine did not.  Maybe it was random?

6 hours ago, redcoat22 said:

This is so confusing, I wonder why yours got tagged and mine did not.  Maybe it was random?

No idea, and I am not the only one either. As of this morning - still stuck in Customs.

Don B

Ok so finally Fed Ex purgatory is over!! Delivery status has been changed from clearance hold to expected delivery tomorrow 1/26 by 12:00 PM! Time to rock and roll! At least I will be home all day tomorrow.

• Like 1

Don B

Updates after few days play.

Point 1: Keep getting mouse freezing when I have my Aero plugged in - something seems to causing/or is an issues, Windows error that seems to tie in is "Kernel PNP Event ID 225 - ApplicationVarjoHMDSerevr.exe Stopped the Removal or Ejection of the Device ID **************.   When not running lighthouse of Varjo hardware I'm not getting any USB/Mouse resets. Still Troubleshooting.

Point 2: Often getting SteamVR Headset has Changed - Select Restart SteamVR at which point kills the game and have to reload, anyone else seeing this is this a SteamVR issue of Varjo Base/Steam VR Still Troubleshooting I'm gonna try this see if any better https://steamcommunity.com/app/250820/discussions/2/1640917625015598552/

Point 3: In game using FPSVR doing some free flight testing -F16 in Caucasus. Looking at in game stats I'm getting the following ...

GPU:   3090                                             CPU: i9 12900K
FPS 45                                                      FPS 68
GPU Framerate 20.8 avg                        Framerate 5.8
GPU Usage 97%                                      CPU Usage 29%

So reading the stats I'm looking to get the GPU framerate to below 11.1 to get FPS back upto 90. Although looking at the above looks like my supposedly bad ass GPU is on its Arse

Cheers 

Jim

Dangermouse

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

44 minutes ago, Dangermouseb51 said:

Updates after few days play.

Point 1: Keep getting mouse freezing when I have my Aero plugged in - something seems to causing/or is an issues, Windows error that seems to tie in is "Kernel PNP Event ID 225 - ApplicationVarjoHMDSerevr.exe Stopped the Removal or Ejection of the Device ID **************.   When not running lighthouse of Varjo hardware I'm not getting any USB/Mouse resets. Still Troubleshooting.

Point 2: Often getting SteamVR Headset has Changed - Select Restart SteamVR at which point kills the game and have to reload, anyone else seeing this is this a SteamVR issue of Varjo Base/Steam VR Still Troubleshooting I'm gonna try this see if any better https://steamcommunity.com/app/250820/discussions/2/1640917625015598552/

Point 3: In game using FPSVR doing some free flight testing -F16 in Caucasus. Looking at in game stats I'm getting the following ...

GPU:   3090                                             CPU: i9 12900K
FPS 45                                                      FPS 68
GPU Framerate 20.8 avg                        Framerate 5.8
GPU Usage 97%                                      CPU Usage 29%

So reading the stats I'm looking to get the GPU framerate to below 11.1 to get FPS back upto 90. Although looking at the above looks like my supposedly bad ass GPU is on its Arse

Cheers 

Jim

I found aero taking a lot of juice from the USB so had also pb with mouse when it was on the same USB cluster.   Try to put it on a USB set where no other device is connected. I eventually used a separate PCIe usb card with sata power but should not be necessary

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

In general when upgrading to a new SteamVR headset, there are 2 files that should be wiped otherwise old settings that are specific to the previous headset may have undesirable effect on the new headset.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SteamVR\resources\settings\default.vrsettings 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\config\steamvr.vrsettings

https://steamcommunity.com/app/250820/discussions/2/1640917625015598552/

This is what I plan on doing to clean Steam VR out prior to installing the Aero.

Don B

1 hour ago, Brainfreeze said:

I found aero taking a lot of juice from the USB so had also pb with mouse when it was on the same USB cluster.   Try to put it on a USB set where no other device is connected. I eventually used a separate PCIe usb card with sata power but should not be necessary

Will do, you would think as its got its own separate power input it shouldn't be looking to draw juice or at least the bare minimum from the USB bus itself... Hopefully this cures my usb bus dropping out and mouse locking up... Any ideas on the Steam VR reset issue...

Dangermouse

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

16 minutes ago, Dangermouseb51 said:

Will do, you would think as its got its own separate power input it shouldn't be looking to draw juice or at least the bare minimum from the USB bus itself... Hopefully this cures my usb bus dropping out and mouse locking up... Any ideas on the Steam VR reset issue...

Try @supmua suggestion. I had that once or twice but never again. No idea why. Might just been about not launching steamvr separately (let vb do it)