F6F Hellcat

upyr1

On 2/19/2022 at 1:29 AM, NoodI said:

Why does it have to come to msfs and not dcs

Answer is very simple, what you need to model and code to be able to work with mfs is only tip of the iceberg of what you need to model and code for DC, In mfs every thing looks nice but every combat plane does not work actually, you can't shoot, drop bombs or even you can't bail out.

Edited by grafspee
  • Like 1

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

1 hour ago, grafspee said:

Answer is very simple, what you need to model and code to be able to work with mfs is only tip of the iceberg of what you need to model and code for DC, In mfs every thing looks nice but every combat plane does not work actually, you can't shoot, drop bombs or even you can't bail out.

Damn

Wishlist:f4e,f4j,f4g,f4e aup,f8,f6f,f4u,f15e,ah1g/w,fr fireball,a7d,g91,jaguar,f1,ch53e.

15 hours ago, grafspee said:

The reason I think it is a rough draft 

• 2 weeks later...

The hellcat became my favorite warbird overtime playing WT because of its flight dynamics, load-out and resilience. So much so that I even own an RC aircraft of it.

Whenever it comes to DCS it will defiantly be an instant pre-order for me.

Here is a great episode of dogfight that features the Hellcat and the Zero.

• 6 months later...

not sure if this was mentioned. the corsair was cool. though it was really difficult to land on a carrier. many were given to marines for land duty. hellcat is an obvious choice too. lightning another good choice. my uncle flew a hellcat in the war. 

• Like 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

• 1 month later...

We need this old girl 100% in the Pacific Theater in DCS and let me tell you, Flying Iron Simulations could knock it out of the park.  I really hope they start working WW2 stuff after their A-7 release (absolutely cannot wait for that one!) Here was a quick flight last night in FI's Hellcat.  The sounds will give you goose bumps with headsets on, just like their P-38.  I posted a flight on the P-38 forum if interested.  Not sure which one I like best.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...