Moving cursor on TGP at close range causes jittering

Hellbat

I wasn't sure where else to post this and it might not necessarily be a bug.  I've been modifying my HOTAS and have been doing a lot of testing recently, particularly with the TGP.  I've noticed that when very close to targets (e.g. flying overhead when dropping GBUs, or zoomed in at close range) that the image is very jittery when the radar cursors are being moved.  Without touching the radar cursors the TGP tracks smoothly.  At long range, while the problem may be present, it isn't really an issue.

It could very well be limited to my setup.  I would be very interested to hear if others can observe this with their setups or if it is just me.  I've attached tracks with the F16C and A10C II demonstrating this behavior.

Thanks.

Edit: I just did the same test but instead of using my HOTAS, I bound the RDR cursor to the keyboard (to rule out any obvious sensor-related issues).  This also produces comparable amounts of jitter (on my system); it might be some type of sampling/polling issue.  I think it deserves further investigation.

testTGP_A10CII.trk testTGP_F16C.trk

Edited by Hellbat
  • Like 1