Community Keybinds Project 22.1.22 Release

Hey everyone, I just published a new release of the keybinds project, 22.1.15. Switched to date-based versioning for this one, as it now includes updated binds for all modules, and is a bit of a milestone. For whatever reason, what started with me just wanting to use an axis for the F-14 wing sweep and buttons for the A-10 HMCS power switch grew into a bit of a passion project.

https://github.com/Munkwolf/dcs-community-keybinds

Formatted for use with Quaggles mod: https://github.com/Quaggles/dcs-input-command-injector

This last round of updates started 6 months with the EA release of the Mosquito. I wanted to standardize what was in the project a bit more, and also switched my process from eyeballing the controls to see what could be added, to going through the clickabledata.lua files instead. Then pull in the relevant entries from the input default.lua files per control, and work from there - line by line. Over 60k lines of LUA has been added across all modules.

Thanks to krota, davidp57, barcharcraz, ReardonMetal27, shdwp, bones1014, and oltsukoo for also contributing.

Beginnings of it 8 months ago, with Quaggles releasing his mod:

Please let me know if you find any bugs, or notice any controls that should be added!

Changelog

A-10C: Added kneeboard bookmark binds.
F-16C: Added more antenna elevation speeds.
F-14: Fixed standby ADI cage.

Initial full coverage release.

Edited by Munkwolf
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for your time & work!

Is there any chance to make the kneeboard bookmarks keybinds available for the A-10C_2? 

Windows 10 | i7-8700K@5GHz | 2080 Ti | Intel Z370 Chipset | 32GB RAM@1866 MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w. FSSB R3 Mod | Saitek Switch Panel + Radio Panel + Multi Panel + FIP + Flightpanels Software | MFG_Crosswind | TrackIR5 | TM Cougar MFD Pack | Obutto R3volution | 1 x LG38 | GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

On 1/21/2022 at 2:00 PM, -Hammer- said:

Thank you for your time & work!

Is there any chance to make the kneeboard bookmarks keybinds available for the A-10C_2? 

You're welcome!

Also, you got it, those are now added. Just published a new 22.1.22 release with those kneeboard commands for A-10C and C2, fix for F-14 standby ADI cage, and some different speed options for F-16 antenna elevation. Thank you to oltsukoo for the F-16 ones.

https://github.com/Munkwolf/dcs-community-keybinds/releases/tag/22.1.22

Edited by Munkwolf
  • Thanks 2

• Munkwolf changed the title to Community Keybinds Project 22.1.22 Release

Added a new utility/Snapshot branch to the repo. Not useful for most people, but figured it was worth mentioning. Requires NodeJS. Wrote it to be able to do easy diffs between DCS versions for changes to the clickabledata and joystick/keyboard default.lua files.

image.png

image.png

Edited by Munkwolf

Hello,

I am trying to use your files with the F16 but no luck. Quagles loads fine with OVGME (I have his data.lua in the scripts folder of Saved games) but it doesn't load any of the commands in any module. The logs show nothing event logging set to true in Quagles. May not be something on your end but  if not then Quagles work may no longer be functional?? Or it's my brain that is shortcircuiting.

Never mind. As soon as I loaded into a module the keybinds where there.

dcs.log

Edited by RedeyeStorm
solved

5 hours ago, bones1014 said:

I'm going to look into a On else Off command for the F-16 laser arm switch. If someone beats me to it that would be just fine. 😉

Does the one in there not work? It's labelled as "'LASER ARM Switch - ARM else OFF"

{cockpit_device_id = devices.SMS, down = sms_commands.LaserSw, up = sms_commands.LaserSw, value_down = 1, value_up = 0, name = _('LASER ARM Switch - ARM else OFF (2-way Switch)'), category = {_('Special For Joystick'), _('Instrument Panel'), _('Custom')}},

Does the one in there not work? It's labelled as "'LASER ARM Switch - ARM else OFF"
{cockpit_device_id = devices.SMS, down = sms_commands.LaserSw, up = sms_commands.LaserSw, value_down = 1, value_up = 0, name = _('LASER ARM Switch - ARM else OFF (2-way Switch)'), category = {_('Special For Joystick'), _('Instrument Panel'), _('Custom')}},

Oh I didn't see that one. Awesome

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Okay I am officially stumped!

I wanted to add the laser command, just like Bones1014, but the only F16 command in the customs menu was the stores config switch that I had already programmed. That is not right, it should be way more.

I disabled all mods, ran repair but the community keybinds do not show up. As said previously the data.lua is present but does not seem to merge with the official keybinds.

Anybody any ideas?

PS when I copy the relevant lines out of your default.lua and manually add them to the original default.lua the commands work.

29 minutes ago, RedeyeStorm said:

Okay I am officially stumped!

I wanted to add the laser command, just like Bones1014, but the only F16 command in the customs menu was the stores config switch that I had already programmed. That is not right, it should be way more.

I disabled all mods, ran repair but the community keybinds do not show up. As said previously the data.lua is present but does not seem to merge with the official keybinds.

Anybody any ideas?

PS when I copy the relevant lines out of your default.lua and manually add them to the original default.lua the commands work.

The laser commands are in there.  Also confirmed that they work, tested them last night after replying to bones1014.

Are you using Quaggles mod and have it enabled? If so, in your dcs.log there may be an "InputCommands" error showing the line number it is having trouble parsing. Thought it was worth a mention as you mentioned disabling all mods.

Did you add the stores config switch to the original files that DCS uses, or to the Saved Games\InputCommands folder that Quaggles mod uses? If you had added that in the original DCS files, and then Quaggles mod isn't running, that would explain what you are seeing

46 minutes ago, Munkwolf said:

The laser commands are in there.  Also confirmed that they work, tested them last night after replying to bones1014.

Are you using Quaggles mod and have it enabled? If so, in your dcs.log there may be an "InputCommands" error showing the line number it is having trouble parsing. Thought it was worth a mention as you mentioned disabling all mods.

Did you add the stores config switch to the original files that DCS uses, or to the Saved Games\InputCommands folder that Quaggles mod uses? If you had added that in the original DCS files, and then Quaggles mod isn't running, that would explain what you are seeing

It's working just fine for me. Great stuff!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Munkwolf said:

Yes Quaggles mod is running. In Saved games it adds the scripts data.lua file. Saved Games\InputCommands is also there including your F16 joystick default.lua. So in my book it ‘should’ work. There is no InputCommands error in the log. Will enable Quaggles logging for my next try. I haven’t modified your lua files in any way.

There is nothing wrong with the commands. As a work around I added them in the original ED default.lua and they work. So that I believe is not it. I am running open beta and standard a few mods. VR reshape, Tazz smoke and labels. I cannot see how that should be an influence. Those mods are applied to DCS main folder and not Saved Games folder. Further more I manually changed/added default.lua file for a few modules that I apply with JSGME to the DCS main folder. This does not include the F16. It didn’t make any difference with these mods enabled or disabled but I thought I mention it just in case disabling with JSGME does not remove them completly.

6 minutes ago, RedeyeStorm said:

Yes Quaggles mod is running. In Saved games it adds the scripts data.lua file. Saved Games\InputCommands is also there including your F16 joystick default.lua. So in my book it ‘should’ work. There is no InputCommands error in the log. Will enable Quaggles logging for my next try. I haven’t modified your lua files in any way.

There is nothing wrong with the commands. As a work around I added them in the original ED default.lua and they work. So that I believe is not it. I am running open beta and standard a few mods. VR reshape, Tazz smoke and labels. I cannot see how that should be an influence. Those mods are applied to DCS main folder and not Saved Games folder. Further more I manually changed/added default.lua file for a few modules that I apply with JSGME to the DCS main folder. This does not include the F16. It didn’t make any difference with these mods enabled or disabled but I thought I mention it just in case disabling with JSGME does not remove them completly.

Ah, you have Quaggles Mod going into Saved Games\DCS? It should go into the DCS main install folder like the other mods. It overwrites the default DCS\Scripts\Input\Data.lua. Can you try that? Then my mod with the keybinds, yes, those do go in Saved Games\InputCommands.

Just now, Munkwolf said:

Ah, you have Quaggles Mod going into Saved Games\DCS? It should go into the DCS main install folder like the other mods. It overwrites the default DCS\Scripts\Input\Data.lua. Can you try that? Then my mod with the keybinds, yes, those do go in Saved Games\InputCommands.

Well that would explain it Duh. I suppose reading is a lost art at least at my end. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2022 at 5:19 AM, Blackbird7 said:

I had error with Spitfire, 'Supercharger Mode AUTO else M.S. (2-way Switch)' doing the opposite thing, fixed it with changing values 0 to 1 and 1 to 0 in default.lua. So I guess it's not me, but error in lua. 🙂

Thanks for the heads up Blackbird! I'll have that fixed in the next update.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

@Munkwolf

I just have to tell you again how much quality you bring to my life with these keybinds. 

Unfortunately, I haven't had time, (too much fun flying), to really dive deep into making my own. But I do wonder. Are the FC3 modules capable of getting "advanced" keybinds like "on/else off" instead of toggles?

Now, I can sort of cheat by adding the new "when off" command in DCS itself for toggle switches, but that depends on remembering to place every toggle switch in the correct position before start and if you're in the air or not. Unfortunately the flap lever in the Su-25T. Doesn't really work with this too. In other words. Does the FC3 modules, have on/off/middle positions possible? 

Cheers! 

Glad to hear it @MAXsenna!

Yeah afaik it's possible - FC3 have the same config/input LUA file structure, just much more limited with what flavors of commands are available. Like there might just be one toggle command available for a control to map to the input LUA files, where recent full-fidelity module will have relative and absolute commands available for most controls.

Keybinds project has the folders and files setup for the FC3 modules but they're blank.

Looking at Su-25 flaps lever.. we got the default.lua in 'DCS\Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliffs\Input\su-25\joystick'.. that includes 'Config/Input/Aircrafts/base_joystick_binding.lua'.. in there is what we're looking for:

{down = iCommandPlaneFlapsOn,				name = _('Flaps Landing Position'),		category = _('Systems')},
{down = iCommandPlaneFlapsOff,				name = _('Flaps Up'),					category = _('Systems')},

If you see iCommand prefixes - those are realy basic shared commands, and they have a device and value baked into them.

Then should be able to drop this in to your 'InputCommands\Flaming Cliffs\su-25\joystick\default.lua' for flaps down-else-up? Haven't tested it yet.

{down = iCommandPlaneFlapsOn, up = iCommandPlaneFlapsOff, name = _('Flaps Landing Position else Up (2-way Switch)'), category = {_('Systems'), _('Custom')}},

Glad to hear it @MAXsenna!
Yeah afaik it's possible - FC3 have the same config/input LUA file structure, just much more limited with what flavors of commands are available. Like there might just be one toggle command available for a control to map to the input LUA files, where recent full-fidelity module will have relative and absolute commands available for most controls.
Keybinds project has the folders and files setup for the FC3 modules but they're blank.
Looking at Su-25 flaps lever.. we got the default.lua in 'DCS\Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliffs\Input\su-25\joystick'.. that includes 'Config/Input/Aircrafts/base_joystick_binding.lua'.. in there is what we're looking for:
{down = iCommandPlaneFlapsOn,				name = _('Flaps Landing Position'),		category = _('Systems')},{down = iCommandPlaneFlapsOff,				name = _('Flaps Up'),					category = _('Systems')},

If you see iCommand prefixes - those are realy basic shared commands, and they have a device and value baked into them.
Then should be able to drop this in to your 'InputCommands\Flaming Cliffs\su-25\joystick\default.lua' for flaps down-else-up? Haven't tested it yet.

{down = iCommandPlaneFlapsOn, up = iCommandPlaneFlapsOff, name = _('Flaps Landing Position else Up (2-way Switch)'), category = {_('Systems'), _('Custom')}},

Thank you!
I see, will look into this. Unfortunately it seems it doesn't have a middle position. That's what I was afraid of. I was thinking there might be other places to look.

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Thank you!
I see, will look into this. Unfortunately it seems it doesn't have a middle position. That's what I was afraid of. I was thinking there might be other places to look.

Cheers!

Ah, sorry I didn't understand. Looking at the lua files i only saw commands for landing, up, and then then up/landing toggle. There might be a middle position command available - is there another FC3 module that has it?

Ah, sorry I didn't understand. Looking at the lua files i only saw commands for landing, up, and then then up/landing toggle. There might be a middle position command available - is there another FC3 module that has it?
Yes, the Su-25T at least.

Had some issues with the F1 lately, couldn't even open the controls settings, Head tracking didn't work. Deletet the folders from the config and it didn't create new ones. Had to disable Quaggles to get it to work. Well, I was on an old version, newest one fixed it. Had downloaded it, I guess I just forgot to apply it. Strange thing was that only the F1 was affected as far as I could tell.

Cheers!

• Like 1