South Atlantic F-15E bundle?

PD919

It seems like RAZBAM's goal is to release these at the same time.  It looked like all of the F-15E shots were on South Atlantic.  Has anything been announced as of yet.  Seems like a good idea because I always get reluctant to buy maps compared to modules.

• Like 6

On 1/18/2022 at 10:45 PM, WOPR said:

AV-8b + South Atlantic is a more logical bundle.  Although it would be awesome to get a little better price by both the Mud Hen & SA map at the same time.

Cue the "no AV-8B is not the Sea Harrier" crowd. 😂

Don't know if both South Atlantic and Mudhen have anything to do with each other. I would definitely appreciate a bundle offer because I plan to purchase both, but I don't think they fit together at all. It would also put additional pressure to release both at the same time when both modules don't necessarily have the same timing. 

Edited by Qiou87
  • Like 2

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

4 hours ago, Qiou87 said:

Cue the "no AV-8B is not the Sea Harrier" crowd. 😂

Don't know if both South Atlantic and Mudhen have anything to do with each other. I would definitely appreciate a bundle offer because I plan to purchase both, but I don't think they fit together at all. It would also put additional pressure to release both at the same time when both modules don't necessarily have the same timing. 

South Atlantic might be interesting but it doesn't have the same pull as Persian Gulf or Syria for the average person.  Sorry if you're personally a huge fan, but there is a reason most of the maps are basically in the Middle East including Caucasus. You could almost sew those maps together with a little development.  Normany and Channel are WW2.  The best way for RAZBAM to maximize sales of South Atlantic is to bundle it with the Mudhen.  The F-15E is arguably the most popular American plane so it will sell as long as it's finished enough in early access.  I would get SA as part of a bundle.  Otherwise I'd wait on SA.

The South Atlantic map is a must-have. New region, new geography, and it looks to be freaking huge. It's essential that the DCS sandbox have sand, the SA map looks to be plenty sandy.

As to a bundle, sure. Even if it's just $10 off I'll take it, but I'll buy them both day-one anyway. I don't think it would improve sales as to who might or might not want the modules, but it make make a small difference amongst those who do want both but have limited cash. Two top level modules purchased at once is a couple of bucks after all. 

• Like 5

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

16 hours ago, PD919 said:

South Atlantic might be interesting but it doesn't have the same pull as Persian Gulf or Syria for the average person. 

I was not really thinking in those terms ; for me a bundle has to make some kind of sense, tell a story. South Atlantic is probably the first modern map that is not about the USA, so you are right, it doesn't have the same pull with some of the DCS audience. I am neither british nor argentinian, but I love new maps for the opportunities they offer in multiplayer in big, dynamic maps with base captures (think 4YA servers) or dynamic campaigns like Liberation. So a new map with plenty of ocean for carrier ops, mountains and lots of lakes that can be fun to fly in anything we currently have, that is interesting to me. It is fine if you want to wait, I am sure there will come a point where some content (module, DLC campaign, dynamic campaign by ED...) will motivate you to buy the map. It is also probably going to be on sales after 6-9 months if full price is not for you... But a bundle just for the sake of it doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

• Like 1

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

4 hours ago, Qiou87 said:

So a new map with plenty of ocean for carrier ops, mountains and lots of lakes that can be fun to fly in anything we currently have, that is interesting to me.

Exactly!

I find a new map makes every plane feel new again. And the geography of the SA map looks like it will do that big time. Even taking a Yak-52 out in the mountains will be good fun. Too bad it doesn't have floats.

• Like 2

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

On 1/20/2022 at 3:13 PM, PD919 said:

South Atlantic might be interesting but it doesn't have the same pull as Persian Gulf or Syria for the average person.  Sorry if you're personally a huge fan, but there is a reason most of the maps are basically in the Middle East including Caucasus. You could almost sew those maps together with a little development.  Normany and Channel are WW2.  The best way for RAZBAM to maximize sales of South Atlantic is to bundle it with the Mudhen.  The F-15E is arguably the most popular American plane so it will sell as long as it's finished enough in early access.  I would get SA as part of a bundle.  Otherwise I'd wait on SA.

Respectfully, I disagree. I think the SA will sell just as well as Syria or PG exactly because it isnt the Middle East. Modern aircraft players have been wallowing about in sand for more than six years now and will likely appreaciate the change of scenery regardless of where it is. 

I agree there is a reason for the PG and Syria maps but I personally dont think it has anything to do with community clamour. If it were we would have had Afghastian and Iraq and Vietnam before now. 

The Causcuses are a throw back to Lock On. NTTR appears to be simply an embrace of the Sandbox nature of DCS that provided ED wiith a relatively uncomplicated and sparce area to revisit Map Making. PG  takes the experience of the NTTRs  large empty areas and provides a place for EDs Hornet and SC to be used . Syria jumped on modern history with an eye on the past and effectively gave Ugra a huge land-grab for furture expansions South and East and some sea to appeal to Navy types. I dont think any were resultant from a huge clamour but came about from need and logic. I suspect most were not bought because it was exactly what people wanted but rather because people wanted somewhere, anywhere, new to fly and made their own fun in the absence of anything else. 

It would take more than a little developement to stitch them together.  None of those maps have any parity with each other in terms of RAM loads of even how the games settings affect them. I doubt they ever will. If however their proximity to each other is a point of desirabilty (I agree that it is BTW),  the long standing desire for Vietnam is a good countering argument of the community caring less about a map in the strategic sense and more about it in the tactical sense. 

Edited by Boosterdog
  • Like 3

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

AV-8B sure isn’t a Shar…

… but it would still be a good aircraft to blat  around in against A4s and Mirages!

Anyone who thinks you need to be British, Argentinian or interested in the Falklands conflict to go for the South Atlantic map is seriously missing the point.  SA is a great opportunity to switch out to hardline Coldwar scenarios against MiGs, Sukhois and the full arsenal of Soviet air defences

Edited by rkk01
  • Like 2

On 1/20/2022 at 7:13 AM, PD919 said:

South Atlantic might be interesting but it doesn't have the same pull as Persian Gulf or Syria for the average person.  Sorry if you're personally a huge fan, but there is a reason most of the maps are basically in the Middle East including Caucasus.

Where do you get the idea that it doesn't have the same pull? I didn't buy the Syria map primarily because it was Syria, I bought it primarily because of what types of terrain the map offered. I'm going to buy the South Atlantic for the same reason. Have you looked at the blockout of what the map is going to offer? The possibilities of the types of missions and campaigns on the South Atlantic map are going to be numerous. Hell with the increase in carrier based aircraft we're getting over the next couple of years will make this map that much more desirable(A-6, A-7, F-8[maybe even naval F-4] on top of the F-14, F/A-18, and A-4 already available).

• Like 5

Purchased: FC3 | CA | M2000C | F-5E | C-101 | Mig-21bis | AV-8B NA | L-39 | F-14 | UH-1H | Mi-24P | F-16C | F/A-18C | F1 | MB-339 | F-4E

Maps: Caucasus | Persian Gulf | Syria | Marianas

Comp Specs: i7 13700k, 32gb 3200mhz DDR4, RTX 2070 Super 8gb, 2tb P5 Plus NVME

Peripherals: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Stop thinking like a kid. The F-16 is one of the most famous military aircraft, even people that have no clue or doesn't care about aviation knows what an F-16 looks like. That is because almost 30 countries around the world has or had them in their airforce. Only a handful had the F-15. On most MP servers the most flown aircraft are the F-16 and the F/A-18 and on third place the A-10, that is because they are so versatile. When there is a new module launch you will see many fly them in the first weeks then they fade away. As long as the aircraft does not replace the current backbone multirole fighters the same will happen again. The only fighter that can do that would be the Eurofighter because of the new modern weapons.

Edited by Razor68

22 minutes ago, Razor68 said:

Stop thinking like a kid. The F-16 is one of the most famous military aircraft, even people that have no clue or doesn't care about aviation knows what an F-16 looks like. That is because almost 30 countries around the world has or had them in their airforce. Only a handful had the F-15. On most MP servers the most flown aircraft are the F-16 and the F/A-18 and on third place the A-10, that is because they are so versatile. When there is a new module launch you will see many fly them in the first weeks then they fade away. As long as the aircraft does not replace the current backbone multirole fighters the same will happen again. The only fighter that can do that would be the Eurofighter because of the new modern weapons.

The F-16 is the plane everyone knows about. But half of those who fly the DCS F-16 will switch to the F-15 as soon as the opportunity arises. Hardly anyone is as conservative as I am and doesn't buy an F-16 while waiting for the F-15E or F-15C FF. The F-15E will blow up the entire DCS world when it comes to balance - it will take over the dominance in attacking ground targets - only the A-10 can match it in this matter, and if be make honestly in A-A mode, it will dominate BvR combat in the same way. In capable hands, he should still at least be good at close dogfighting too.

Wrong. It's not a proper multirole aircraft, can't do SEAD and It is therefore going to be used more as an A2A aircraft on the DCS battlefields. You can't strike a target protected by long and short range sams and manpads. This is not how things work in the DCS environment.

Edited by Razor68

1 hour ago, Razor68 said:

Suddenly you can't read, it can't do sead. So you can't do much if Sam's shooting you down. 

But it can do DEAD, if it has friends in the area. By the way, switching from a CAP mission to a DEAD mission in an instant, isn´t that the hallmark of a multirole fighter?

Edited by doedkoett
  • Like 4