Add option to disable certain keybinds completely

nootshell

It's been several times now that I had to manually clear the keybind that enables the camera to automatically track a launched weapon, it interferes with gameplay and ruins immersion and recordings. While I'm ok clearing the keybinds manually this isn't always (ever) possible, as I only find out it's bound again when it's already a problem.

Completely disabling certain keybinds would prevent this issue, along with the issue of having keybinds that conflict with other software reappear over time, forever.

2920X | 128GB 3200MHz CL14 | RTX 2070 | Gentoo/Win10
Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind v3 | TrackIR 5/VIVE Pro
Sparkle | Δ/DSM | DEAD/STRIKE/CSAR

steam.png nootshell | discord.png nootshell#9001

If you don’t want to hit them inadvertently, just remap it with a key combo. 

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

24 minutes ago, SharpeXB said:

Thank you for your suggestion, that's what I've tried before only to get the same results. Plus from all the options I'd have to remap to a different key combo, I'd run out of key combinations eventually. I'd rather just disable what I don't need. I'm also all in for DCS not resetting binds.

2920X | 128GB 3200MHz CL14 | RTX 2070 | Gentoo/Win10
Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind v3 | TrackIR 5/VIVE Pro
Sparkle | Δ/DSM | DEAD/STRIKE/CSAR

steam.png nootshell | discord.png nootshell#9001

1 hour ago, SharpeXB said:

That will obviously not solve the OP's problem. Have you tried reading, thinking a bit, and/or understanding how DCS works before you post?

Anything that overwrites an edit (eg. clearing a default keybind) will also overwrite a remap because it's the same thing. If the OP is seeing his bind clears being cancelled out by something, remapping will do nothing to stop that. Anything that can't be cleared also can't be rebound. So if the OP is having issue with something that isn't exposed in the binds menu, remapping that is obviously not an option.

What do you have against user choice and improvements to the game, by the way?

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

2 hours ago, Nootshell said:

Thank you for your suggestion, that's what I've tried before only to get the same results. Plus from all the options I'd have to remap to a different key combo, I'd run out of key combinations eventually. I'd rather just disable what I don't need. I'm also all in for DCS not resetting binds.

As far as I know if you clear an assignment in the Controls Menu, it stays cleared. Unless you reset to default. 

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

58 minutes ago, SharpeXB said:

As far as I know

So in other words, you are making suggestions for workarounds for something you have never encountered with no idea of or second thought about what the causes could be and how that would affect your guesswork.

• Thanks 1

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

4 hours ago, Nootshell said:

It's been several times now that I had to manually clear the keybind that enables the camera to automatically track a launched weapon, it interferes with gameplay and ruins immersion and recordings. While I'm ok clearing the keybinds manually this isn't always (ever) possible, as I only find out it's bound again when it's already a problem.

Completely disabling certain keybinds would prevent this issue, along with the issue of having keybinds that conflict with other software reappear over time, forever.

IMHO that would be a good idea, since it saves much time getting rid of the binds through all modules.

Currently a crosscheck through modules is done by a programmed routine anyway, so a box with some options could pop up, containing the following:
 - A "only certain modules option", this opens checkboxes for all modules that host this certain action
 - A "remove from all modules" option
 - A "Cancel" button
 - A "Do it" button

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1