CPU dropping to 15% usage, VR, who is smart?

fastfed

I'll keep short.

Playing VR works fine until my cpu decides to just go to 15% usage or so and then I get a slide show.

Restart the mission or game and I get full usage again with fine frames, then 5-10 or whenever it decides it starts slide show again and my cpu drops.

I am guessing its because the cpu is dropping its usage that is causing this

7 hours ago, fastfed said:

I'll keep short.

Playing VR works fine until my cpu decides to just go to 15% usage or so and then I get a slide show.

Restart the mission or game and I get full usage again with fine frames, then 5-10 or whenever it decides it starts slide show again and my cpu drops.

I am guessing its because the cpu is dropping its usage that is causing this

Sounds like a scheduler issuer. Try setting Win10 processor priority to programs and maybe check the the cpu affinity of DCS program.

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

How much RAM and are you running from an SSD?

Edited by Mr_sukebe

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I've also been having this same issue. It seemingly just cuts CPU usage suddenly to very low levels.

High priority on the game, on an SSD, no overheating or auto throttling, and a bunch of other things I can't even remember. 

DCS has become borderline unplayable because I'll get a solid 5 minutes of good performance while I start the plane and get loaded. Then before I eve can get to my target my FPS tanks until I restart the entire game. Beyond some high altitude laser guided bombing I got nothing I can actually do now because this kicks in before I can do anything. 

Check your VRAM utilization in Task Manager - see if the slowdown coinsides with it getting full. If it is, google for ways to free VRAM (get rid of cliffhouse, SteamVR home and DCS hangar). 

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR